GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I love hearing new products being designed for the EV market. It's really about time we start to innovate more on alternative energy sources for transportation. Hopefully with all these new products coming out, there will be an increase in public charging infrastructure to accommodate all of these new products. Imagine our current infrastructure trying to accommodate charging for those taking a long trip? Having said that, I think Tesla had at least enough foresight to put their own charging infrastructure in place knowing they would eventually be selling in large volume and anticipate their customers need to charge away from home. GM, Ford, Toyota, etc aren't doing this and when their products do come onto the market they're going to have to rely on existing L2 and DCFC facilities. I can only imagine how aggravating that will be for those who need to charge on a trip. Looking at a trip from SoCal to Vegas requires a stop near Barstow for charging and choices are very limited (~6 ports). Tesla has two SC stations on either side of Barstow. I'm sure there are MANY other high traffic areas that are ideal stopping points with similar situations. Hopefully these companies with big plans for EVs also have some insight to at least encourage the buildup of charging stations to make their product usable or invest themselves in a compatible network.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.