GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to have a 120v Ford charge cable as a second charger for my Volt. It was abandon in an empty home purchased by a friend of mine. I now have this smaller, easier to handle unit to charge on the go (mostly at work)

Works great in 12amp mode and has 6 way visual status light. I've never seen this style before.

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can't find any info on the net on this unit. The fomoco part number on it is non existent on the web as well. I like having a unique charge cord, but will monitor charging to verify the cords and unit stays cool under 12amp load. It's so much easier to physically manage than the volt level 1 charger, I'll keep this in the car and the other hanging in the garage.

·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
Prototype perhaps?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Prototype perhaps?
That's what I'm leaning towards. Nothing on the net for it. The car is charging at 12amp and the cords, connector as well as the unit itself is staying cool, if it works out it's nice having a unique charge cable. Want to hide/remove the ford logos. The ford logo is on each side of the j1772 plug so might be a display unit.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Cool looking. I use the Leaf charger without a problem. It's a nicer unit and saves my Voltec.

The light rings on the Ford are cool and useful. Nice touch. Not crazy about storing it behind the driver's seat. That's probably because they're pressed for space in the trunk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts