GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Given that we're almost empty nesters (just a few more months to go!) the ELR is finally an option. We'd be buying one hands down if the truck were more flexible for bulky items. I wish GM would have gone the liftback route like the Model S did, but it is what it is. Two questions to see if we can still make it work.

Q1: I know the rear seats fold down. When they do fold down, are perfectly flat, or still at an angle like in the Volt? If at an angle, can you remove the seat bottoms like you do in the Volt to make a perfectly flat surface?

Q2: Even with both seats down the big plastic divider thing is still in the way. Is there any easy way to remove it and reinstall, or is it a fixed barrier down the middle forevermore?

If we can find a reasonable workaround for cargo, the ELR stays in the running. I really do love the style and those front seats!!

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
ELR's trunk is pretty big considering it's a compact 2-door.

1. Yes the rear seats fold forward. I haven't figured out a way to make them flat though. Although it hasn't mattered with the couple things I carried needing that much length. (An antique shovel. A full length mirror. A behind-the-couch table. Some molding from HD.)
2. The divider is fixed. I think it's metal (structural) not plastic.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Loboc is correct. The middle divider cannot be removed.
I have not removed the seat bottoms (no need), but I'm sure the rear seat back will fold flat with seat bottoms removed.

I think ELR should have been marketed to the country club / golfer crowd at vehicle launch. Cadillac used to hold new vehicle launch events at fancy country clubs, with golf "instruction" included. The last one I attended had David Leadbetter as the lead instructor. It's designed perfectly for two golfers and two golf bags with rear seats folded.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts