GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fix for Holden Volt Bose Songs dropping / skipping cutting out on HDD & USB playback.

In recent times my Radio was dropping bits of song playback on HDD with NAV ON
(So I incorrectly assumed crappy mechanical HDD for NAV and recorded CD music play back)

Then it started happening to USB music which USED TO play perfectly....

So rather than book a whole radio replacement at the dealer I started thinking "what" settings I as a user had changed - as obviously
the CPU couldn't handle the load.

It turns out In the NAV Menu I had selected the maximum POI's turned ON and this OVERLOADED THE processing power of the NAV/RADIO resulting drop outs in song play back!
It was a tangled mess.

Here is the simple fix ...

1) Get Nav up on the screen "Nav console button" (WARNING -NOT- THE OPTIONS IN THE CONFIG MENU)
2) Touch the screen to select the Menu item - Looks like brick wall of 1 column of rectangles, press this symbol or use the "Tune/Menu" knob to access the screen
3) Touch Show POI"
4) Touch "Clear"
5) Then select each POI individually eg.. "Petrol Station" "Parking" Restaurant" Etc Etc. and
6) Touch "Clear" in EACH Category - REPEAT "Clear" in each one. (Mine was a tangled confused mess)
7) Now only select only two POI's and all will be well. (I actually don't know the amount of POI's at which the system FALLS OVER, but at Two I have tested all is well!)
For those that have more time on their hands maybe they can do extended testing and find the qty of POI's at which the system plays up with dropping out.

Amazing isn't it - as it seems to have escaped Holden's testing with the Australian & NZ maps and could result in unnecessary Radio replacements when it's a software issue they need to
attend to - but I am not holding my breath.
I'm very glad I was able to figure it out and get my Bose playing songs reliably again!

Trust is helps someone in the future,

Cheers,
Martin

PS I don't blame the Nav/Radios Mechanical HDD for this anymore as it's actually doing it's job LOL!

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Interesting. I think there is a way to clear everything back to defaults including FAV and other user settings. I would think a tech would try that first before replacing the radio.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. I think there is a way to clear everything back to defaults including FAV and other user settings. I would think a tech would try that first before replacing the radio.
True... even a user can initiate a factory default / reset

1 - 3 of 3 Posts