GM Volt Forum banner

fisker maybe saved

13K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Zythryn 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Sorry to see that it is a Chinese group, but even so, it would be nice to see Fisker continue in some form. Having Lutz on board gives it some cover. I like the fact that he usually just says what he thinks instead of what the team mantra is supposed to be.

#7 ·
Don't forget the atrocious quality of the "products" that they produce. I've lost count of the number of "made in china" stamped products that I've bought, that have made it exactly one day past the warranty before dying.

#6 ·
Capitalism works because you can build a business and make money using money from other investors, without worrying where that investment money comes from. If Chinese money can save Fisker then it can be successful since I don't see any Americans putting money in.

#8 ·
They aren't "saving" Fisker, they are dismantling it.
Lutz simply wants a supply of the Karma bodies for his conversions. The plans for the assembly/manufacturing would be gone, as would plans for their future models. The deal offered would pay only $25 Million of the DOE loan.

This is simply a pre-packaged bankruptcy, the Vultures are circling.

#13 ·
Disagree. If Lutz 'saves' Fisker it sounds like it will be solely for the gliders so he can put the V8s in them. They do not want the old GM plant Fisker currently owns and the DOE loan will be paid off at pennies on the dollar.
If the rumored Henrik Fisker deal goes through, there may be some hope of continued EV development.

#14 ·
A thing to remember about Fisker is they didn't fail due to their PHEV nature, they failed due to a laundry list of mistakes and probablya fundamentally flawed structure from the get go.

PS: our gov't is NOT in debt to the Chinese. To repay the "debt" (which isn't debt at all) that we owe the chinese there are the step(s)

1. move their bond holding from a savings account that earns interest (that is bonds) to a checking account that doesn't (that would be calssified as reserves). Done.

Where does the money come from? The same place it came from to issue the bonds in the first place. Its a long story, but the money it takes to buy US Govt bonds COMES FROM deficit spending, and we can never run out of it. The Chinese have nothing on us. Unless we act like ignorant retards and simply refuse to understand actual modern monetary mechanisms.

#15 ·
#16 ·
I think he wasn't directly responsible, but he hired the people that did run it into the ground.
Either of these offers though seem to result in taxpayers taking the loss. I would rather see liquidation if the sale of parts would generate as many if not more money for the taxpayer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.