GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The laid off employees were seen leaving Fisker’s head office this morning, many carrying their belongings. More than one of the employees confirmed to Automotive News that theyhad been laid off, effective as of 8am on April 5, 2013. The employees were given compensation for untaken vacation days, but no extra severance pay.

(read more...)

·
Administrator
20,464 Posts
Do they want to work for Detroit Electric?

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
Quite a bummer. I had a deposit down for an Atlantic but got it back about a month ago. Guess I'm lucky. Feel bad for these folks trying to do something so hard. These folks/workers put their employment on the line for the plug-in community/cause. People for get about all the workers when they are ripping on the companies.

·
Registered
667 Posts
The bigger bummer here is that all of the execs/mgmt. kept their jobs, while the people that did the real work got canned.
Like being King of the Desert

You need slaves to keep the Kingdom

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
The bigger bummer here is that all of the execs/mgmt. kept their jobs, while the people that did the real work got canned.
While my initial reaction was similar, they do need people to continue to try to sell of assets of the company, or if really lucky a partner to resurrect the business.
I don't know that they need (50?) of them, but if for no other reason than repaying their loan they need someone to work on that.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
People for get about all the workers when they are ripping on the companies.
Most people yes, but then there are those like mittens: who hate both the workers and the company.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Saw my first Fisker Karma in the wild today. Was a black one. Looked extremely nice in person. Too bad that that might have been the first and also the last Karma I will ever see on the road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts