GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
A new generation of moguls is learning an old lesson: Building cars is harder than it looks.

http://www.freep.com/article/201209...esson-Building-cars-is-harder-than-it-appears

A familiar face will lead the charge when Fisker Automobiles, the high-profile, low-selling electric-car start-up, comes to town Monday. The California-based company's new CEO, Tony Posawatz, was one of the key players in the development of the Chevrolet Volt.

Posawatz is to tell the Automotive Press Association how his experience getting the Volt to market on time shaped his plan to transform Fisker from a shaky start-up into a stable manufacturer of luxury-sport extended-range electric vehicles. Posawatz joined Fisker in August. He replaced another well-known Detroiter: former Chrysler boss Tom LaSorda.

A new generation of moguls is learning an old lesson: Building cars is harder than it looks.
New CEO, Tony Posawatz, was one of the key players in the development of the Chevrolet Volt.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would think that with Posawatz at their helm, things will improve over at Fisker.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Maybe someday GM will buy Fisker out.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I got to test drive the Fisker last week. Very nice car. Sad thing is, the exterior is much bigger than the Volt, but the interior is smaller. The EV and ER ranges were about the same, but with much higher power. All things considered, I'm sticking with my Volt!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I really can't believe the company hasn't gone belly up yet. I'll be quite surprised if they actually do create the second car without hitting Chapter 11 and they are still even in existence five years from now. I've been wrong before, though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Tell you what, the Cadillac ELR looks nicer to my eyes, plus it's got a major player, GM, behind it and proven technology, using the extended range of the Volt, but with more performace!

It's supposed to sell for less then the Tesla Sedan, but (obviously) more then the Volt. That would put it below the Fisker....

Can't really see what would coax buyers to the Fisker when the ELR hits the market!

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
Tell you what, the Cadillac ELR looks nicer to my eyes, plus it's got a major player, GM, behind it and proven technology, using the extended range of the Volt, but with more performance!

It's supposed to sell for less then the Tesla Sedan, but (obviously) more then the Volt. That would put it below the Fisker....

Can't really see what would coax buyers to the Fisker when the ELR hits the market!
The comparable will be the Fisker Atlantic which is roughly half the cost of the Fisker Karma. So below the Cadillac ELR I'm guessing.

Performance of the ELR is yet to be seen. Obviously the major player angle is a big deal that I can appreciate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts