GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn I love this car! So since I'm a newbie EV driver I know I have experimenting to do. But here are my first week of commuting results:

Home to work is 43 miles so 96 roundtrip and 480 for the week. I used 2.7 gallons of gas.
Day 1 set the cruise at 70 both ways with no climate control.
Day 2 - 5 set the cruise to 65 and used ECO A/C on the way home.

I don't know what the impact to my PG & E bill will be but my gas and toll savings for the week are $75.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Not sure what year your Volt is but, since you only plug in at home and it is once per round trip you can figure about 11 kWh per trip plus your gas. Multiply your cost per kWh from PGE by 11 and that will give you your cost per trip for electricity, approximately.

·
Registered
13,964 Posts
Not sure what year your Volt is but, since you only plug in at home and it is once per round trip you can figure about 11 kWh per trip plus your gas. Multiply your cost per kWh from PGE by 11 and that will give you your cost per trip for electricity, approximately.
Gen1, it's in the OP's signature...

I understand how when you get a new toy, it's fun to push the limits and see what it can do. But after 2 years of hypermiling, I now drive it like I stole it. The car is much more fun that way. I used the AC and heat when I need it and don't worry much about eeking out every bit of battery range. I went from 90 mpg to 70 mpg which is still better than any Prius.

BTW, how in the world did you get a Holden Commodore SS-V?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gen1, it's in the OP's signature...
To be fair I just added that !o)

BTW, how in the world did you get a Holden Commodore SS-V?
It's really a G8 BUT everything on it has been changed back to it's origin of a Holden SS-V...with the exception of the 427 :eek:)

·
Registered
13,964 Posts
It's really a G8 BUT everything on it has been changed back to it's origin of a Holden SS-V...with the exception of the 427 :eek:)
After discovering the hot rods they have in Australia, I really wish GM would share some of that goodness here. We have the Chevy SS which, who knows, could be discontinued at any time. I really want the Commodore SSV Redline wagon with a stick shift.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Takes 12.4 to 12.6 kWh's to charge my 2014 using my L2 station. This is starting with a fully depleted battery.

2014 Volt Premium - Safety pkg 1 and 2, Navigation

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Takes 12.4 to 12.6 kWh's to charge my 2014 using my L2 station. This is starting with a fully depleted battery.

2014 Volt Premium - Safety pkg 1 and 2, Navigation
I'll have to check my kW per h rate. And I think we're twins...great color combo!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Yes, my 2012 Gen 1 takes about 12 kwh to charge in moderate temps, your 2014 will take a bit more since the battery is slightly larger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts