GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer visit underwhelming. Went in to have Android Auto installed, have my hood looked at (hard to close), tire kit missing and look at issue with passenger side door. Really felt like CSR did not want my business. Out of the four issues Service Advisor helped out with the hood (he took the time to adjust it himself), but with the rest it felt like he was NOT going to get paid and so did not bother taking minimum steps to help.

Claims I needed authorization from GM to get Android installed (otherwise he won't get reimbursed.)
Thought that the tire kit was stolen / not 'installed' when I bought the car (not from this dealer) - I had to tell him it was part of a recall (I understand they cant keep track of everything, but made me wonder was I the first to bring this up? )
Did not want to deal with the door - basically stated to go back to the place I bought it.

Could anyone post recommendations / dealer experiences in the greater Boston area? I went to Clay Chevrolet in Norwood and would have a hard time going back to them - despite being 10 minutes away.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
My cousin leased his '16 Volt from Herb Chambers Chevy....not the service side, but their sales side was awesome, FWIW.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dealer visit underwhelming. Went in to have Android Auto installed, have my hood looked at (hard to close), tire kit missing and look at issue with passenger side door. Really felt like CSR did not want my business. Out of the four issues Service Advisor helped out with the hood (he took the time to adjust it himself), but with the rest it felt like he was NOT going to get paid and so did not bother taking minimum steps to help.

Claims I needed authorization from GM to get Android installed (otherwise he won't get reimbursed.)
Thought that the tire kit was stolen / not 'installed' when I bought the car (not from this dealer) - I had to tell him it was part of a recall (I understand they cant keep track of everything, but made me wonder was I the first to bring this up? )
Did not want to deal with the door - basically stated to go back to the place I bought it.

Could anyone post recommendations / dealer experiences in the greater Boston area? I went to Clay Chevrolet in Norwood and would have a hard time going back to them - despite being 10 minutes away.
This always surprises me when I see this - I've worked for two different car brands (Kia and VW) and the dealerships are all about their CSR ratings. They *usually* bend over backwards to ensure that when you get that survey/email/phone call from corporate, that you absolutely will give them a full five star rating. The dealership depends on those ratings, so I'm always surprised to see stories where a dealership didn't really want to be bothered. Maybe they are already low enough that they don't care, who knows :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't mind driving if only to guarantee a pleasant experience. For reference I live in Dedham and bought the car in Quincy. And I don't think I'll be getting a survey as no work order was written up. I suppose I'll post user experience reviews on the usual sites.

I called OnStar and advisor said he'd reach out to the dealer to straighten out the Android install. He was also puzzled as to why the dealer acted that way.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Clay sucks,,go to either Best or Muzi.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took up Bill Step's suggestion and went to Muzi. And, no, my appt is not till next week but the experience is already 180 degrees from Clay's. Muzi was quick to respond to emails, and more importantly, agreed to look at / do the things I asked for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts