GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

2015 Volt will be my first car.

Since it's a outgoing model, i'am expecting deep discounts on MSPR around.

Dealers in San Jose area are offering $9,000 off.

Do you know any deals in bay area who can offer better discounts?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Siva.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Don't think so.

- There are handful posts in the forum where people bought the car for $10,000 2-3 months ago.
- When Volt's competing model Ford Fusion Energi when through 2015-2016 model transition local dealer offered $11,000 off.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Your deal sounds good, my volt is the best car I have ever had. So, you might get a slightly better deal with a week or two of continual searching, but 2015's are getting scarce and you might miss out getting the best car ever at a good price. Try to find a private offer - there is info somewhere here on the forum on how to get them - it would save you another 1k.

Good luck
Don

·
Registered
58 Posts
Where are you seeing $9000 off? I've been struggling to get some real numbers through email and text.

I'm at the point where I'm just going to give up and just not buy anything because of the stupidity in the replies I get.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Where are you seeing $9000 off? I've been struggling to get some real numbers through email and text.

I'm at the point where I'm just going to give up and just not buy anything because of the stupidity in the replies I get.
There are a lot of posts which lead to unrealistic expectations. Realistically I think the best you can do if you don't own a Volt is $5000 off MSRP, and that's on selected cars. The trick is that GM offers various incentives and in many cases you don't qualify for one or more of them and/or the car you want doesn't qualify. So even $5K off may not be practical. Just depends on your situation and how flexible you're willing to be about the car you get. Sometimes you give up the discounts if you take the financing offers. You may also have to travel, which isn't a big deal since the Volt isn't range limited. Keep in mind that the lowest priced cars often are new cars, meaning they haven't been titled, but they have a few thousand miles on the odometer.

IMO the best place to start is cars.com, Truecar, or Costco.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There are a lot of posts which lead to unrealistic expectations. Realistically I think the best you can do if you don't own a Volt is $5000 off MSRP, and that's on selected cars. The trick is that GM offers various incentives and in many cases you don't qualify for one or more of them and/or the car you want doesn't qualify. So even $5K off may not be practical. Just depends on your situation and how flexible you're willing to be about the car you get. Sometimes you give up the discounts if you take the financing offers. You may also have to travel, which isn't a big deal since the Volt isn't range limited. Keep in mind that the lowest priced cars often are new cars, meaning they haven't been titled, but they have a few thousand miles on the odometer.

IMO the best place to start is cars.com, Truecar, or Costco.
Yeah, it seems the posts here may have made us think we could get an unbelievable vs good deal. Maybe something else will come up in the next week, or maybe a month from now if there are any left.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts