GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Pretty well done and comprehensive review. I like what I am seeing so far, but the car is still a work in progress and can only get better with time...just like all other Tesla models.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It answered my questions about front A/C vents. I don't know if I'd like it, but it's more information than I've seen so far.

I was a bit surprised at how much software is missing.

I don't think I would like all the driver controls on the screen. It looks cool but I think it's going to be a serious distraction while driving to have to navigate those screens just to adjust the HVAC and such. Volt went from touch buttons to tactile buttons and knobs for this reason.

That dash wood laminate was very cheezy. I agree with the reviewer - something to upgrade aftermarket. I didn't like it on the i3 either, though they did a better finish job at BMW.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Great car, but... you see with the " peripheral vision"...touching small icons while moving, that is NOT GOOD... even in the Volt is nice to see the NAV. and the next exits in front of your wheel. The pillar A looks scary big, but the electric seat is fantastic !!!.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the plus side I thought the headlights were very interesting. I don't think I've ever seen headlights configured that way. I don't buy into photos and video on brightness, or pro-Tesla reviewers' opinions, but the LEDs did seem to fill the area forward pretty evenly.

Other pluses can easily be attributed to being a premium model, like power seats. I'd like a power seat in my Volt but I get why it's not that way and likely won't be on a stripper model 3 either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.