GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running an errand this morning, on the opposite side of town than I normally commute, and I spotted my first G2 volt in the wild, a dark red one. I know they're everywhere in California and other CARB states, but this is the first one I've seen in east central IL. If I was driving the volt, I would have used the pedestrian alert horn and given her a thumbs up, but I was driving my wife's CTS.

Alas, still don't really want one...need more cargo space and maybe even AWD.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I still haven't seen a gen 2 except at the dealer or at car shows. I'm in Salt Lake. My hobby (sort of) is spotting Volts / electric cars while driving. I also honk, but the odd thing is nobody looks. Local Volt owners don't seem to realize they're in an exclusive club.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Someone at my work recently picked up a G2 in Kinetic Blue.

Now I regularly see a Black G1 and the blue G2 side by side at our front door charging post.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I haven't seen another Gen 2 in the wild here locally (central IL). I know a guy bought one that lives in this area but I've yet to see it. It's a Heather Gray my dealer sold. I love going to Costco as I usually see another EV for whatever reason. I parked near a Gen 1 and when I came out a Leaf was parked next to me lol.

IMG_8048.jpg

·
Registered
267 Posts
Saw my first G2 Volt this week too here in Pittsburgh. Seemed smaller than my 13 Volt at first glance. Would like to test drive one to see how it compares to my ELR..

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have seen a Heather Grey G2 at the local Chargepoint. Perhaps one of these days I will run into the owner and maybe talk 'Volt' for a bit!

·
Registered
261 Posts
My first g2 sighting here in West Michigan was back in March (kinetic blue), and surprisingly is still my only g2 sighting to date. I've seen a heather gray, and another kinetic blue, show up and then disappear from the local dealer's lot, but haven't seen these in the wild, yet.

My wife would say I pay way too much attention to these things.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I still haven't seen a gen 2 except at the dealer or at car shows. I'm in Salt Lake. My hobby (sort of) is spotting Volts / electric cars while driving. I also honk, but the odd thing is nobody looks. Local Volt owners don't seem to realize they're in an exclusive club.
Yeah...Living in suburban Southern California, I'd be honking the horn every 30 seconds if I was electric car spotting! (And nobody would look here, either.)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yeah...Living in suburban Southern California, I'd be honking the horn every 30 seconds if I was electric car spotting! (And nobody would look here, either.)
Yeah, I forget others may not see them. I'll see 4 on the 20 minute drive to work.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Saw my first G2 Volt this week too here in Pittsburgh. Seemed smaller than my 13 Volt at first glance. Would like to test drive one to see how it compares to my ELR..
I saw my first G2 at the dealer too last week. At the dealer......... along with the second, third and fourth. I sat in the one in the showroom. Had mixed feelings about it in real life.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
There may be a lot of G2 Volts in CA, but I'm not seeing many. Saw one earlier this week, but that is an exception. G1 Volts, I see more frequently. i need to get out more!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had my G2 since January and only saw the first one several weeks ago here in Chicagoland. I drive 90 miles round trip every day to/from work and figured I would see more than one sooner than that. It's still the only other one that I've seen.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I finally saw the other Gen 2 that I know of in the wild today. At least two here around Peoria, IL. Dealers are finally starting to get inventory so I hope to see more soon.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Still on the waiting to see one list.

·
Registered
265 Posts
There may be a lot of G2 Volts in CA, but I'm not seeing many. Saw one earlier this week, but that is an exception. G1 Volts, I see more frequently. i need to get out more!
Yes. You do! I reliably see 3-5 Gen 2 Volts on my freeway commute every day. Spent the entire trip home trailing behind a silver LT in the carpool lane on Thursday.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I saw one in Oshawa in the fall, not again since.
I suspect if I did the freeway commute from hell regularly I'd see many more. (not worth it)

Edit: Naturally, because of writing this, I just saw one in white approx. 500m from my house.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Finally saw my first Gen II on the street. On the way home from work, traffic was slowing down. I looked in the rear view mirror and there was a Gen I pulling up behind me. I looked to the right and there was the Gen II pulling up next to me. Traffic was bad, so I didn't get a chance to wave.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Although VoltStats has one other Gen2 Volt in my area (Olympia, WA), I've never seen another in the wild.

Until this week.

Heading home on US-101, northwest of Olympia, I saw a heather-colored one in my rearview mirror. Sure enough, as I slowed at my exit, he pulled past me and I confirmed that it was a premium trim Gen2.

Up until now, I pretty much figured it would be a long time before I'd see another 2016/2017 Volt in my neighborhood. For all I know, the one I saw was just passing through. But it'd be nice to see more people driving what I consider to be one of the best American cars now on the road.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I am now seeing Model Xs at least as frequently as Gen 2 Volts.

·
Registered
313 Posts
You can see one here North East Illinois

Well you have another G2 up here North East side of ILLINOIS. I know a coworker that bought a Gen1 last year, he lives in the next town. I have not seen any other VOLTS other than his in this area. I expect they will come around but until then I have a stealthy show car.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts