1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
I thought Bonnie already had one and is expecting a second. Or did I read wrong? She is not an employee, but is a hyper-enthusiast. She helped get the 'bucket-list' car to it's dying owner.

·
Administrator
21,036 Posts
BTW I will limit my post to less than 4 a day as I had 2 removed and two combined because as DonC said "The multiple posts/ads for Tesla are spam" even though I posted them in the Tesla forum and directly from sites like reuters, inside ev or electrek.
You have posted the same news multiple times, one thread for each news source. Yes, you are spamming. Despite DonC's notice, you did it again. This time I deleted it. Create multiple threads like this again and you will be in time out.

·
Banned
260 Posts
You have posted the same news multiple times, one thread for each news source. Yes, you are spamming. Despite DonC's notice, you did it again. This time I deleted it. Create multiple threads like this again and you will be in time out.
I most certainly did not post the same news.

Here are the 4 very separate articles that I posted: www.insideevs.com

Model 3 acceleration video: www.insideevs.com

Time lapse video of a busy supercharging station: www.insideevs.com

Consumer Reports Tesla Model S is the number 1 most satisfying car: www.insideevs.com

As Coal Power Plant Goes Down, Tesla Battery Responds In Milliseconds To Prevent Crash: www.insideevs.com

All very different stories with the only common thread being Tesla. They were posted in the Tesla section.

The first two were just deleted.

The second two were combined even though they have nothing to do with each other.

If you don't want me posting messages from reputable sites on a message board that have to do with Tesla just say so but to say that I am spamming is ridiculous.

As for the first non employee getting it there were two seperate people. One postponed his until after Christmas the other just received hers yesterday. The fact that the title is the same has nothing to do with who got their model 3. Then again I didn't post the model 3 follow up until after DonC deleted the first two and combined the other two so it has nothing to do with that post.

Here is the video of the first actual delivery: www.insideevs.com

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
You are lucky this isn't a Tesla site. Disagreeing with a mod is worth a week time out.

Right or wrong does not come into play.

·
Administrator
21,036 Posts
You'll need to discuss your beef with DonC.

As far as this thread, the headline is a sad commentary on Model 3 deliveries. "We said we'd have 20,000, we delivered 1. Hit the confetti machine!"

I wish Tesla well. They have had a positive effect on the industry. I have ridden in Tesla's and been impressed. I don't appreciate the Tesla hype machine and irrational exuberance that goes along with it. While the emperor (Musk) often wears no clothes, it hasn't stopped him from criticizing other's clothing.

Regain a sense of balance. try posting something negative about Tesla. I do about GM. The Volt was my first GM car. Like Tesla, there is a deep well of things not to like about GM (or Ford, or Chrysler, Toyota, etc.). Just because they finally created a car I could buy (and be enthusiastic about) doesn't make me blind to things GM does that I disagree with.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
For an encore we'll ask a Scientologist to ding David Miscavige. This isn't the only cultist here either. I'll just leave that there since you know who I'm talking about.

Next in the news: A snowflake fell from the sky. *YAWN* :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
I most certainly did not post the same news.
The problem is that you fit the definition of a spammer. You've got multiple posts, all of which link to PR for Tesla. We had dealers which posted their PR -- though they didn't post multiple times -- and we had dealers how had people post for them. We required that they become sponsors. Basically if you want to post PR or ads then you need to become a sponsor. Objectively giving you the ability to post multiple PR links in even one thread is too lenient. So your complaining about this "restriction" is unjustified.

We also had a Prius fanboy who constantly posted about the Prius and he was permanently banned on the principle that this is a GM fansite, not a general EV website. If your purpose is to post Tesla PR, try posting at Insideevs. In this regard, note that while there is a Tesla subforum, it's a subforum. It's a subforum for a reason, namely it's a very minor focus. In this regard, if every manufacturer of EVs could send people here to post links to their PR then this site would no longer serve its intended purpose.

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The problem is that you fit the definition of a spammer. You've got multiple posts, all of which link to PR for Tesla. We had dealers which posted their PR -- though they didn't post multiple times -- and we had dealers how had people post for them. We required that they become sponsors. Basically if you want to post PR or ads then you need to become a sponsor. Objectively giving you the ability to post multiple PR links in even one thread is too lenient. So your complaining about this "restriction" is unjustified.

We also had a Prius fanboy who constantly posted about the Prius and he was permanently banned on the principle that this is a GM fansite, not a general EV website. If your purpose is to post Tesla PR, try posting at Insideevs. In this regard, note that while there is a Tesla subforum, it's a subforum. It's a subforum for a reason, namely it's a very minor focus. In this regard, if every manufacturer of EVs could send people here to post links to their PR then this site would no longer serve its intended purpose.
Here is the private response I sent to you but it covers the basics of your calling me a shill and spammer:

I don’t think you know what spamming is otherwise you wouldn’t use that word.

This is a gm/volt site and the fact that the volt is a gateway drug to BEV including many who now have Tesla and Volts gives those that are interested in both somewhere to go.

Unfortunately mods like you who actually delete perfectly reasonable articles because they have to do with Tesla are making people leave this site as it becomes more anti Tesla rather than pro GM. I posted nothing that bad mouths gm as I am a fan and have two of their Volts over the least 6 years. Yet you took it upon yourself to remove posts that you don’t like which many GM fans would find interesting because you don’t like Tesla.

I am not a shill, I don’t work for Tesla I just enjoy reading about electric cars and seeing what others have to say about them. Right now that is Tesla and if someone comes out with a better bev I will enjoy reading about them too.

As for telling me to get a life I am not the one sorting through articles I don’t like just to delete them.

Anyway Merry Christmas

BTW I will add that not a single one of the things I posted was an ad. All were either ARTICLES posted on inside ev, Electrek, Reuters or any number of EV site that I visit. Not a single story came from any Tesla affiliated site as I don't frequent those forums. Just because you think anything that has to do with Tesla that is not negative is an ad or spam shouldn't keep everyone else from reading it. I mean I see you have no problem posting in negative articles about Tesla and don't think that they constitute spam or ads.

It is incredible weaksauce to try and justify your deletion and combination of Tesla articles by saying I am an employee rather than you just saying I don't like positive posts on Tesla.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Find all started threads:

31 pro-Tesla (not accounting for deleted/merged threads)
1 unfavorable GM
0 other subjects

Yep, it's a spammer.

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Find all started threads:

31 pro-Tesla (not accounting for deleted/merged threads)
1 unfavorable GM
0 other subjects

Yep, it's a spammer.
So, by that definition you would be an anti Tesla spammer.

You know the funny thing is that almost none of my posts are pro Tesla they just state simple facts like range, configuration, top speed, costs, interior room or video walkthroughs of deliveries or functions. The sad fact is you think those are pro Tesla just because it isn't bashing them.

Listen if you want to censor all things Tesla and make the site all about GM then I suggest you remove all the other forums. Then you can have the perfect echo chamber of I hate Tesla with Bro1999 as your leader yourself, DonC and a couple others. Last I checked there seemed to be almost as many Tesla articles as there were all GM articles. With Bro being celebrated on here as a hero while on just about every other EV message board he is loathed and ridiculed shows how far this place has moved away from being a pro GM site and turning into lets bash Tesla site.

The fact that I try and put a little balance to the anti Tesla posts I am sure to you makes you think that I am a spammer. Now if I had 62 anti Tesla articles I am sure you would think of me less as a spammer and more as a hero.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
So, by that definition you would be an anti Tesla spammer.
I think you'll find a bit more diversity in both started threads and posts in general through my profile page.

The post history tells the whole story. All 8,672 of them. If I was spamming it would have been noticed by now.

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I think you'll find a bit more diversity in both started threads and posts in general through my profile page.

The post history tells the whole story. All 8,672 of them. If I was spamming it would have been noticed by now.
Like I said if there were 8,672 negative posts about Tesla it wouldn't be considered spamming by you and DonC but any more than a couple of posts that don't bash Tesla and it is spamming?

The best part is that you actually have "groupthink" as a bad thing as part of your posts yet you trying to label me as a spammer because I post factual information with no negative bias and you seem to be happy with them being deleted is the ultimate groupthink. If you don't like what is posted don't read it. It is in a section clearly labeled as Tesla and we all know you don't like Tesla.

There seems to be many here that have an interest in Tesla as I can see the number of views is usually in the many hundreds with some of the articles I post being in the thousands. If it were spam nobody would be looking at it and surely not thousands.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
33 pro-Tesla. 2 more just today. We could go into the general animus you demonstrate toward fellow Volt forum members. That's in your post history too.

If you weren't a liar of omission you'd not have said Bro is a hero here. He's clearly been called out on repeated anti-Tesla posting by mods and members. What he does here doesn't call for what you do. You're clearly here to be an irritant. We have our share of grouchy people here, but not with the clear intent you exhibit.

·
Administrator
21,036 Posts
You're clearly here to be an irritant. We have our share of grouchy people here, but not with the clear intent you exhibit.
The holiday visitor who invites themselves over for a dinner event they don't agree with, arrives empty handed, argues with the hosts and other guests, get's in fights, has to be warned about behavior multiple times, and stays past leaving time. :)

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
The holiday visitor who invites themselves over for a dinner event they don't agree with, arrives empty handed, argues with the hosts and other guests, get's in fights, has to be warned about behavior multiple times, and stays past leaving time. :)
LOL - got a recent story you want to share? I think you could have added "drinks too much". Part of why I decline drinking parties, unless I'm invited to be a designated driver and I don't already want to punch one of the group.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, it's a duck.
Or a spammer/troll in blue's case. I know how this story ends. :D

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
...The best part is that you actually have "groupthink" .....
That's my observation. We need to temper that.

Tesla gets mentioned,, And the People Swoon!! "OOO, Tesla !!!"

Yes, Space X is doing amazing things!
Solar City seems to be slowing down and changing course.
Tesla somehow became THE household word for EV cars, even though they are very expensive, big, heavy, EV's with questionable reliability and a really questionable scalability.

Æon Flux provided a big bag'o money. Fandangled even more gobmint monies. He is not the Rocket Man.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
That's my observation. We need to temper that.

Groupthink around these parts manifests itself in many ways. Just a few of those:

Lauding Germany/China/etcetera for its push toward solar without accounting for their push to burn more coal.
Claiming EVs are taking over when they have less than 2% market share and that hasn't changed in years.
Claiming the ICE is dead when it's still the mainstay of motion in general.

And yes, the Elon Musk cult. He's changing the world all by himself, except he's not. Only Jesus could be Jesus.

On a vehicle fan site it's normal for folks to be enthusiastic about the vehicle. That's the whole purpose. If that vehicle is a Tesla for you, there's a site for that too and you should enjoy yourself there.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
[QUOTE=Norton;4362793]That's my observation. We need to temper that.

Yes, Space X is doing amazing things!
Solar City seems to be slowing down and changing course.

Tesla somehow became THE household word for EV cars, even though they are very expensive, big, heavy, EV's with questionable reliability and a really questionable scalability.

Æon Flux provided a big bag'o money. Fandangled even more gobmint monies. He is not the Rocket Man.[/QUOTE]

Anyone see a Tesla SOLAR SHINGLE ROOF, Yet????...:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts