GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
The best source for finding diesel fuel for automobiles was, for many years, a book published annually by Mercedes Benz. In a similar fashion, one would think it in GM's interest, as the world's leading EV maker (imagine that!)*, to become the best source for finding charging opportunities (using more modern means such as web publishing and through OnStar).

*in terms of actual electric vehicles on the road; if not at this moment, they will be very soon!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, if you do a quick search of this forum, you'll find our site and this subject mentioned several times: http://electric.carstations.com This is a user powered site as several people on this forum and other ev drivers are helping update the charge locations already with photos and great comments. So far we have nearly 700 locations up on the site and you can filter by charge type and many brands right now. It's like a moderated wiki. If you find new locations you can add them and also you can edit them any time. We simply do a real world check and approve. please do a search on the map first before adding any though. I think you'll find the site highly useful as many other EV drivers also do. We also have mobile applications on the way and many other improvements. Many members have already started many threads on this subject. you may want to refer to one like this:

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?6047-Public-Charging-Station-Experiences/page4

thanks.

·
Registered
857 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
What strikes me about all of these sites is that they show how lamentably few charging stations there are. With the advent of a couple of what might finally be termed mass-market plug-in vehicles (primarily the Volt, and hopefully increasing numbers of Leafs as well), we might hope for more in the not-too-distant future. I look forward to the day when I can drive and simply expect there to be a charging station at my destination...

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have talking with my local power company they tell me alot are coming it just takes time to get them all installed.

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts