GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Being on the West coast, we are finally starting to get our Welcome Volt packages delivered (via FedEx). I also lease my Volt, so these packages are not only for purchasers. :p

Question: Has anyone put the window cling decal on their Volt with tinted windows? I haven't had a chance to try it and was just curious about the visibility/scanability of it through tinting. :cool:

The package included:

• Volt Quick Reference Guide
  • Commemorative book titled: "Chevrolet Volt - Charging into the Future", the behind-the-scenes story of creating the Volt
  • Contact information and card for my preferred dealership
  • Service discount coupons redeemable at my preferred dealership
  • 10 information cards that you can give to people who want to know more about the Volt
  • A window cling with a QR code (square barcode) hat you can place on your vehicle to help answer questions about the Volt from curious passers by

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not knowing I'd ever be getting a free copy, I bought the book on amazon on Tuesday and it showed up Wednesday.

On Thursday my wife calls me while I'm at work and lets me know a 2nd copy showed up - the freebie from GM. DOH!

·
Registered
328 Posts
All news to me. Is this something that GM automatically sends or do "you" need to call someone like a Volt advisor? TIA

·
Registered
678 Posts
I received my welcome kit on Tuesday for a Volt that was purchased in October. I have no plans on putting the IQ decal on my Volt.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All news to me. Is this something that GM automatically sends or do "you" need to call someone like a Volt advisor? TIA
I really didn't do anything specific to being able to receive this. I got my Volt back in mid-September, so it took about four months to receive mine. I did speak to my Volt Advisor a couple of times, not about this package, but about other service issues.

I'm thinking that they produce batches of these packages on regular intervals (once a quarter, maybe?) and send them out at that time for the previous quarter's new owners. :confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have seen this topic come up occasionaly over the last year and a half and there always seems to be a
mix of those that have received the package and those that have not. I purchased my 2012 Volt back in
December of 2011 and I still have not received a welcome package. I did talk to the Volt advisor a couple
of times about the welcome package but I am still waiting.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just got mine this week too. I put the window cling decal in the passenger rear door non-movable window as suggested. Also, put the 10 information cards in the car just in case. I have already given an interested neighbor a 30 minute explanation of everything and showed him under the hood what's going on - would have given him a card if I had one at the time.

·
Registered
595 Posts
just got mine the other day too, in Oklahoma, from my 2013 that I bought back in October, so they are sending out batches of the book+package now.

And coincidentally today I was recharging at the Whole Foods Market in OKC, when someone came up and said, "Never saw one of those actually plugged in here before" and asked about how far does it go on a charge, etc....... of course I didn't have those cards with me, from the welcome package, or I could have given him one...

·
Registered
878 Posts
The welcome package wave reached northern California today. I never asked my Volt Adviser for one. It just showed up. Took delivery of my 2013 in mid-September. My friend got me the book last December through Amazon. The one in the welcome package has a much nicer cover - it's going to be a "coffee table" book (no, not the Seinfeld-type;) coffee table book scene

·
Registered
145 Posts
Leased my car about the same time as the OP and got mine this week too. Really wasn't expecting one, so nice surprise. I might stick up the QR Code.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Have had my Volt 16 months and haven't got one yet. It doesn't look like Canadian buyers will get them at all. Even on the Chevy Mall site they won't ship it to Canada even if you want to pay for it.
If you want the book buy it on Amazon.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It's a surprisingly good read, from a business standpoint and exploring the interpersonal skills of Bob Lutz. Lots of surprises, like the young designer who did the exterior design.

I am liking it more than Jobs' biography and I have an iPhone.

Robert

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got mine this week on MY2013 purchased in November. You may be right aboiut the quarterly mailings. Based on previous comments about the "welcome package" I didn' t expect it for several months. Have been thinking about the window sticker as several people I work with have been bugging me with questions and apparent interest. i keep them up to date with gas free miles reports.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Got mine this past week also... Great, unexpected gift!

·
Banned
309 Posts
I got my welcome package via FEDEX Ground this past Thursday, January 10, 2013 and I took delivery of my Volt on August 31, 2012. Are they slow or what getting them to Volt purchasers? I leased my Volt for 24 months, so it's good that I got my welcome package 18 months before my 2013 Volt goes back to Ally. LOL!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Have had my Volt 16 months and haven't got one yet. It doesn't look like Canadian buyers will get them at all. Even on the Chevy Mall site they won't ship it to Canada even if you want to pay for it.
If you want the book buy it on Amazon.
Never got one either. Annoying.

To be fair, GM Canada doesn't seem to care that much about selling Volt's here...
Theres almost no marketing and the crappyiest lease/purchase financing deals known to man is enough to keep anyone away but the most knowledgable or dedicated EV fans that scrounged up enough to buy one outright.

3,600 Posts
I got my welcome package via FEDEX Ground this past Thursday, January 10, 2013 and I took delivery of my Volt on August 31, 2012. Are they slow or what getting them to Volt purchasers? I leased my Volt for 24 months, so it's good that I got my welcome package 18 months before my 2013 Volt goes back to Ally. LOL!
Good Morning GM-4_Life,

Glad to hear you received your Welcome Kit! A third party is managing the Welcome Kits and we have no information on their shipping schedule.

-Ian Chevrolet Volt Customer Service

1 - 20 of 24 Posts