GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After more than a year of lurking on these forums we bought a new 2017 Siren Red Volt Premier yesterday with Driver Confidence 1 and 2.

Since the 2016s were announced I wanted the Blue one until 2 weeks ago when my wife said she preferred the Red, and then when I saw it in person I agreed. My car is/was a VW TDI Sportwagon that I am waiting for the settlement to be finalized. We did not trade it in as we need to wait; but we did not want to miss out on these "end of summer" aug deals along with 0% financing. So the VW has been now relegated to the driveway and the Volt has a bay in the garage to charge.
Volt 8 27 16.JPG

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the group. I can confirm that you got the right color for 2 reasons:
1. It's faster.
2. Your wife likes it.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Welcome to the family, you will be amazed at the all electric range you will get from the Gen II Volt.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Congrats on the car. Coming from the TDI, I think you'll be surprised at the low end torque on the Volt. The only thing is that the second generation Volt is so comfortable it's easy to miss how quick it is. It doesn't feel nearly as quick as the first generation but it's actually a bit quicker. No drama.

As for the color, as mentioned, the red ones do go faster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts