GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys! Where has this widget been for the last two decades? I'm admittedly a little bit OCD, and I hate dirty interior windshields. Even the detail people never seem to understand the need to eliminate streaks that are made glaringly bad at night.

I saw this windshield cleaner on Groupon but later bought it on Amazon because it was actually cheaper. What makes it unique is that it has a pivoting head - especially handy given how raked the windshield is. I had NO problem reaching the entire windshield whereas previously I've been annoyed in particular by a spot right at the base...

http://www.amazon.com/Trademark-80-01162-Windshield-Handle-Pivoting/dp/B003K5S4NW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1413475719&sr=8-2&keywords=windshield+cleaner

There are more expensive versions too...but really, this little thing just made my day!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I got one of those from the dollar store for, well, $1. I can tell you that the microfiber cloth really doesn't do such a good job in itself, so I tend to use the same damp cotton towel technique I've always used. However, I do flop the towel over the widget so I can use it's pivoting handle, as it does tend make life easier. If I ever get around to it, I'll have my wife sew me a special towel that fits the widget perfectly! :D

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have the one from Stoner's which is fine, but then I ordered some FastGlass towels that you just use with water (slightly damp) and leave no streaks - it is so easy to use without any other tools that I don't use the Stoner's tool any more!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I got one of those from the dollar store for, well, $1. I can tell you that the microfiber cloth really doesn't do such a good job in itself, so I tend to use the same damp cotton towel technique I've always used. However, I do flop the towel over the widget so I can use it's pivoting handle, as it does tend make life easier. If I ever get around to it, I'll have my wife sew me a special towel that fits the widget perfectly! :D
Agree. The stick is good, but the microfiber is really poor. I got one of those few years back and after few wipes the microfiber was out of use. Thefore I hacked the thing by placing very good quality microfiber (autoglym) over the pad and duck taping it in place from the back. When it gets dirty, just rip the duck tape and machine wash the cloth, rince & repeat.

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
I use crumpled newsprint spritzed with window cleaner. Streak-free, it works very well inside and out.

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
You guys! Where has this widget been for the last two decades? I'm admittedly a little bit OCD, and I hate dirty interior windshields. Even the detail people never seem to understand the need to eliminate streaks that are made glaringly bad at night.

I saw this windshield cleaner on Groupon but later bought it on Amazon because it was actually cheaper. What makes it unique is that it has a pivoting head - especially handy given how raked the windshield is. I had NO problem reaching the entire windshield whereas previously I've been annoyed in particular by a spot right at the base...

http://www.amazon.com/Trademark-80-01162-Windshield-Handle-Pivoting/dp/B003K5S4NW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1413475719&sr=8-2&keywords=windshield+cleaner

There are more expensive versions too...but really, this little thing just made my day!
That's the one I have. It's been around for a while, but not as long as Paul's sleeves have been.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
You might be able to store your windshield cleaner in the umbrella holder in the door. I have a Stoner and having it handy is nice to clear the windshield when it frogs up.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I use crumpled newsprint spritzed with window cleaner. Streak-free, it works very well inside and out.
Vinegar and newsprint was the window cleaner of choice that my mom used for decades. Home or auto, works a treat. The scent goes away after a while. Might not be everyone's cup of tea though.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I use my 34 inch sleeve length arms....
Lemme get this right...
Are you saying... your sleeves are 34 inches long?

EACH!!?!?

WOOKIEE TESTED.

CHEWBACCA APPROVED!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts