GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I went to a nearby dealer and was pretty much quoted that msrp was the best price.
The salesman told me that they make 700$ on a volt.

Anyway...the car in not built yet ( 2 month delay he says)

Got white (lt), leather + bose. so msrp is 38360 + 1600 destination + 1800$ for bose and leather @ 2.99% rate

Have to add taxes...in all comes up to over 47 000$ ( than take off 8000$ from quebec province).

I signed a piece of paper (that has the price descriptin on it) ...Don't think this is a contract ( or is it? can someone help?).

Anyway...what did you pay and where did you go ???

( was thinking of unhaggled premium to do the negotiating for me...)

Thanks ( also ...dealer lent my a 2012 for free until the new one arrives which is really nice of him...I really can't see myself driving and burning gas only from now one...so I'm hooked!)

Was I abit too impressed by the test drive and gave in too easily or is this the best deal give or take 500$

·
Registered
585 Posts
Call bourgeois Chev. I just actually passed on a demo 2017 premiere with confidence 1 & 2, Heather grey with tan plus black interior. I actually had a great offer from them with my trade. Unfortunately becaue the car has more than 2000 km (it has around 2700 km, used for extended test drives only), transferring to Ontario and qualifying for the rebate is really risky.

I only passed today, but call them Monday first thing. Ask to speak with Michel, and tell him the guy who passed on the volt in Ontario sent you (my name is Paul).

I'm sure that volt won't last long at all. Good luck!

·
Registered
585 Posts
So ...no great deals in canada vs usa....
In general Canada deals are terrible compared to what I read in the states (depending on the state it may be not much better than here). From what I've seen getting > 1k off msrp in Canada is pretty tough to do. I'm doing better then that, but that is mostly because I'm trading in my 2014 which is fully loaded and in perfect condition (with only 1800 km on the gas engine out of 45,000 total km).... it will be even better on gen 2 :)

Deal or not, if you keep the car for many years saving an extra $500 isn't really important considering how awesome the car is :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I factory ordered a fully loaded 2017 Volt Premier (Driver Confidence I and II, plus ACC) and I got $2,000 off MSRP on top of my Auto Show $750 rebate and the $500 GM Conquest discount. This was in the west GTA. Negotiate by e-mail, contact many dealerships, and don't seem to be in a hurry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow thats like getting premier for the proce of lt!

And yes..I actually test drove the heather grey with all the options....he said 46000 minus 6% discount fro being used

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow thats like getting premier for the proce of lt!

And yes..I actually test drove the heather grey with all the options....he said 46000 minus 6% discount fro being used
Pas exactement - you see, the fact that it was loaded (lots of options thus potential for additional margin) had a lot to play with my ability to get the deal. Had I tried getting a barebones Premier for $2,000 off MSRP, no one would have ever agreed to sell me a car. :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Looking to order a 2017 premier in teh Montreal/South Shore area.

Any idea on what type of discount to expect? I know leasing and finance rates are pretty crappy.

Any recommended dealers?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts