GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a 2016 Premiere to my insurance yesterday...was just waiting on the paperwork to be sent. The car was being sold to me by a dealer who was getting the car off a sister dealership's lot in the next state.

It was a 20% off deal. I had submitted a finance application on the dealer's website and was approved for up to 100% finance.

Everything was a go...until I mentioned that USAA would give me 2.25% for up to 100% of the car's purchase price.

Next email from the dealer said "sorry, there was an open recall on this car and we cannot sell it".

Never any hint that the deal was contingent on using their financing.

I put the VIN into GM's recall search engine and it told me there weren't any recalls on this car.

Somebody lying??

Tim

·
Administrator
19,980 Posts
Next email from the dealer said "sorry, there was an open recall on this car and we cannot sell it".

Never any hint that the deal was contingent on using their financing.

I put the VIN into GM's recall search engine and it told me there weren't any recalls on this car.

Somebody lying??

Tim
I have no idea if an open recall means the car can't be sold until it's repaired. Perhaps call a Volt Advisor?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
There is a bulletin on some 2016 Volts for an inspection of the seat airbag harness.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think cars are being sold with open recalls (heck, the Takata mess would have half the vehicles in the US stuck on dealer lots otherwise)...but safer.gov says there is no recall on this car, so my point is, somebody is lying to avoid selling me the car, because they aren't getting any $$ for financing it.

At least that is what it sure feels like.

I guess I am just complaining to make myself feel better. Except it isn't working! :)

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Wasn't the first time a dealer lied nor will it be the last...How far along did you get with the paperwork? GMAC is offering 0%, not sure if the dealer was going through GMAC or another lender where they could market up the APR, however my best guess is that they're more upset at the 2.25% off vs the financing...

They could sell the car and high odds they just found another buyer who's willing to pay full price and/or found someone they could rip off on their trade in...I'd would personally look up the General Manager and do an in person visit...

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
There are a couple of potential "service update campaigns" that can potentially affect any 2016 Volt.
See this link for a "sticky" list of them we are compiling here on these forums
http://gm-volt.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?545-Problems-Issues-Driver-Warnings-or-DTCs-Gen2-Volt

However NONE of these include any sort of "stop delivery" actions. (which GM usually spells out very clearly)

In fact all of them are fairly minor and either require some software updates or possibly some inspections to be performed by a technician.

Any of them affecting this vehicle can be potentially completed in an hour or two.
Did you ask when they might expect them to have completed the open field actions?

So I'm not to sure what's really up here, but if you haven't signed any sales contract paperwork yet the dealer can do what they want (like selling to another customer)
Hopefully you can work through this episode with the dealer.

Welcome to gm-volt.com
WopOnTour

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yup, you were lied to.

Likely the dealer was counting on some financing profits as part of the deal and then backed out. Since you applied for financing online they would have assumed this was how you wanted to finance.

Having said that, if you were getting the current GM offer, there should have been no reason for them not to sell it to you.

Maybe try to buy it again and see what happens or go to the dealer and sit in front of the sales manager and tell him you researched the car and it has no open recalls that would prevent a sale and that anything that had to be done would normally be part of the dealer prep.

You should probably find a different dealer though. I would not trust this one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts