GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was looking to buy an 18 or 19 Volt, but I don't know where I can look to see what if any of the $7500 Federal tax credit is still available.
This site still shows $7500 and the only one in phase-out is Tesla. Fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml

My Chevy dealer called and told me that its now $2000 for the Volt which isn't even an option.

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Hi, I was looking to buy an 18 or 19 Volt, but I don't know where I can look to see what if any of the $7500 Federal tax credit is still available.
This site still shows $7500 and the only one in phase-out is Tesla. Fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml

My Chevy dealer called and told me that its now $2000 for the Volt which isn't even an option.

Can anyone help?
It is still $7500 for qualifying GM vehicles. GM recently passed the 200k models sold threshold for EVs and Plug-in Hybrid Vehicles, so starting in Q2 2019 the tax credit will be reduced by half to $3750 for the next two quarters, then 25% until it goes away at the end of 2019 unless Congress acts to extend or modify the tax credit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent news! I leased an early 17 and can get out of it for a very minimal penalty. Its time to buy! I love this car. My commute is only 38 miles round trip so I only buy gas twice a year. Once for vacation trip of about 900+ miles then again in late winter depending how often the engine auto started doe the a temp of 15 or below. A local dealer gave me a great discount with the current GM Employee discount and other knocking over 6K off of a loaded premier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts