GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was way off with guessing January's numbers. For February I'll be conservative and guess 1,000.... I think if high gas prices hold the next few months all EV sales will rise to new high's... what does everyone guess?

MrEnergyCzar

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I think the plant will have produced 3500 Volts for the month of february, and
the deliveries were at 750 Volts.

Francois
B-2653

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Production was shut down while they switched to CA Volts. I'm thinking around 700 sold and 900 produced.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
We already know based on Vin's close to 3500 volts will be produced for Feb, we also know that reported inventory's after falling about 500 vehicles, have had a small increase of about 100.

So most of Feb production is export/fleet and we have at least 500 sold with 5 days to go. I'll go with 837 retail sales US of what was produced, 3K will be export

·
Registered
857 Posts
There are a couple Volt sales guys (Sundance and Randall) who have mentioned that they have sold all they can get their hands on, and there are still folks on this blog waiting for deliveries. With making 1000 Volts a week, I'm thinking sales must be looking good somewhere, so I'm going to guess that deliveries will be around 1500 for February.

Here's a question. What happened to the 50,000 who signed up for the Volt wait list before the launch? How many of those folks actually bought Volts? 15% maybe.....

WVhybrid

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Well, I never signed up, but I bought one. Guess people like me may skew the numbers.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
My local dealer has only sold two in 2012, his inventory went from 6 to now 11, the gas prices locally hasn't translated into any sales for Volts

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
My Feb guess is 799 US deliveries with hopefully 80 in Canada and maybe 1000 shipped to Europe (but we'll never know that number directly).

·
Registered
601 Posts
Would the February production numbers include the Volts that my son and I bought? Mine is a 2012 Crystal Red Volt, where his is a 2012 Black Volt. We ordered them on 2/20/2012 and they are both sitting at sequence 3100.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
WVhybrid;123108 Here's a question. What happened to the 50 said:
I am one of them. I am still waiting for GM and Chevy to offer the Volt down here in sunny and warm Puerto Rico.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
My wild guess is 940. I am also guessing that February sales started slow and picked up in the last couple of weeks; I believe March sales will be around 1300 and will break the monthly sales record in April. I think the Volt is in a transition stage between early adoption and the first stages of mass acceptance. Climbing gas prices and HOV lane access in California where sales should launch skyward are the two main catalysts, if GM comes up with a credible advertising program it will help as well.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I am thinking GM is trying to get their sales over the 1000 point, but may have trouble doing it even with the Quad 0 and the HOV situation for sales, but I am going to hope for the best and say that the number will be just in excess of 1045 Volt delivered in the US.
March on the other hand will be another record month....

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I was hoping there would be a chunk of GE volts to push the numbers above 1K
But maybe not yet as

http://www.voltstats.net/Stats/GroupDetails/41

only shows 4 and 2 of them are 2011s. the others have lots of miles so not new ones.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Well I live in an area where the Volt has just recenlty become available in my local area. I did sign up on the Volt want list but I just bought a new vehicle two years ago and won't be in a positon for another car for a few more years. When the time comes my next car will have a plug.

But I would guess around 1K as well for February sales.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
A little over 3000 have been painted and gotten their VINs, but it will be a while before they all are rolling out of the plant and QI, i think. I hope Volts started leaving the plant 2 weeks ago but it is hard to say how many have shipped let alone how many have actually delivered. But it is cool to see the numbers climb, no matter what.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ziv, Volt 14546 was apparently being loaded on the train to leave the plant on friday february 24, 2012.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts