GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A post by a new member from St. John's got me wondering: Who has the most North, South, East or West Volt? That member, if he does have a Volt, would have to be the most Easterly in North America. One of our Australians would be farthest East and South overall. West, I'm guessing, would be Hawaii. North: Finland, maybe Norway?

I'm at about 44N, 81W so nowhere near the edge of the Volt world.

·
Registered
48 Posts
A post by a new member from St. John's got me wondering: Who has the most North, South, East or West Volt? That member, if he does have a Volt, would have to be the most Easterly in North America. One of our Australians would be farthest East and South overall. West, I'm guessing, would be Hawaii. North: Finland, maybe Norway?

I'm at about 44N, 81W so nowhere near the edge of the Volt world.
What is your point of reference? Detroit?

·
Registered
188 Posts
:)I'm no where near the edge of Volt world either....N28° W-82°
Hmmm, I think I'm at the center!!

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking latitude/longitude. I never really thought of Detroit as the centre of the world, but I guess it is the origin for Volts.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Well considering that Volts were sold in Europe and Australia the most Northern is likely sold in Scandinavia. And most Southern in Australia.

Voltstats owners map has some in Alaska and Northern Alberta. To add Volts sold outside North America do not have OnStar.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I was thinking latitude/longitude. I never really thought of Detroit as the centre of the world, but I guess it is the origin for Volts.
Using the handy tool.. http://furthestcity.com the great city of Perth, Australia would be the furthest both East and West from Detroit. Technically, since the world is round and Detroit isn't on the equator, Perth is also the furthest North and South from Detroit... but that hurts my brain.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Australia isn't South enough, a few were exported to New Zealand our neighbour.... Now that is as far South as a Volt can get !

·
Registered
464 Posts
In terms of the continental US, I'm currently the furthest northeast on the Voltstats Owners map (ReVolting Blue). There is at least one other in my neighborgood, but it's not registered on Voltstats. Seems to be plenty in Atlantic Canada and even a couple out past Quebec City on the North Shore.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
On daily basis 60°10′N is close enough. Car has been at 69°54′N on summer trip (67°57'00"N in winter). Not too north, someone from Norway might be higher.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts