GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
First time Volt buyer question - I just bought a 2015 Volt and noticed that on the recent HOT days (over 95 degrees, feels like 108+) the fan only setting blows cooled air. Is this due to the Volt automatically cooling the battery? The Climate Efficiency reading runs at only 7% to 9% (the same as Fan Only), but I am still getting the benefits of air conditioning.

Has anyone else experienced this, or is there something misaligned in my climate system that gives me some of that nice, cooled air? NOTE - the Volt was sitting in the sun for the entire day, so parking in a shaded, cooler area is not the reason for the cooler air.

It is saving me a lot of electrons, so I am certainly not complaining! Minimal AC usage allows me to go gas free on my 35 mile daily commute.

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts

·
Registered
3,580 Posts

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
it also blows FREE heat in the winter even with no ICE running

( wonder if I can use the TLA ICE in a sentence with winter ? )

If you have time look up the Volt compressor information it is a interesting part.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
First time Volt buyer question - I just bought a 2015 Volt and noticed that on the recent HOT days (over 95 degrees, feels like 108+) the fan only setting blows cooled air. Is this due to the Volt automatically cooling the battery? The Climate Efficiency reading runs at only 7% to 9% (the same as Fan Only), but I am still getting the benefits of air conditioning.

Has anyone else experienced this, or is there something misaligned in my climate system that gives me some of that nice, cooled air? NOTE - the Volt was sitting in the sun for the entire day, so parking in a shaded, cooler area is not the reason for the cooler air.

It is saving me a lot of electrons, so I am certainly not complaining! Minimal AC usage allows me to go gas free on my 35 mile daily commute.
Do you have auto-defog on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts