GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a 2013 Volt with 'Sport' wheels. I can't say I especially love the wheel style so I've been looking into other wheel options.

I figured out the 2011-13 Volts just had this as an option with the Black inserts only. However, the 2014/15 Volt's had a 'dealer installed option' of color matched inserts for some colors. I've done some research they are simply attached with like 4 hex bolts per insert. So swapping them out would be somewhat trivial, albeit tedious.

After much google searching I found some GM Part numbers for these options.

GM Part # 22816455 - Viridian Joule Tricoat
GM Part # 22816454 - Silver Ice Metallic
GM Part # 22816453 - Cyber Gray Metallic

I have not seen anyone post pictures of a Volt with these color matched inserts. I'm curious to see what they look like before spending almost $300 on a set. Anyone have these installed and can post some pics?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Those wheels are a pretty rare option even with the standard inserts. I think it will be easier and quicker for you to photoshop what they would look like.

What color car do you have? It seems to me that the Cyber Gray would be a waste as it is dark enough that it won't make much of a difference.

One thing that drives me nuts about GM is how they limit some options to certain colors. Offering this on a red or white car would have been really striking. Ugly? Maybe, but let the buyers make that decision.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car is Silver Ice Metallic, but I'm more interested in the overall look of body/wheel colors matched. I've played around with the idea of photoshopping this but getting the right look is a little tricky given the shape/curves/color variance.

I do find it curious that GM only made these inserts in 3 colors and omitted Red a few others. I have been tempted to maybe just paint my existing inserts. Curiously I cannot find the part number for the original black inserts either if I wanted to order a spare set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts