GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lease for $149 + tax for 36months. $2850 down plus 1st payment, taxes, DMV fees and ACQfees. $1000 Comp Lease. $0 security deposit. 10Kmiles per year, 25¢ per excess mile.On approved credit. All in stock w/MSRP $34,995.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Wow! I'm glad I didn't get a deal like that. Monthly payment kicks ass, but only 10K miles? I'll click over 18K by the weekend and I've only had mine 10 months. That would equate to about $7500 in excess mileage fees. I'm sure it will work for somebody, but I'm clearly not that somebody!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Wow! I'm glad I didn't get a deal like that. Monthly payment kicks ass, but only 10K miles? I'll click over 18K by the weekend and I've only had mine 10 months. That would equate to about $7500 in excess mileage fees. I'm sure it will work for somebody, but I'm clearly not that somebody!
I do under 10K miles a year, so that would work for me, unfortunately I already got a lease - but for $299/month. When driving as much as you do per year - it's probably best to buy than lease.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
The total cost over 36 months is pretty nice, if the fees in CA are similar to the fees in Virginia! I have two cars so my Volt will probably only accumulate 8k miles a year, so my 10k lease works well for me. Still pretty happy with my deal and very happy with my Volt.
I wish GM had a company wide lease deal that was simple, like the $299 a month, 12k, almost no fees, no downs they had a few months ago. I think the leases are what boosted the Volt sales in the record months. Now I look around and only 1 dealer in 5 has 2014 MY Volts. Odd way to market the car. I mean, when Stingray Chevy had ZERO 2014MY Volts early this week? Really? But as the 2013MY Volts disappear I imagine that will change.

·
Registered
50 Posts
the real drive off money is $2850 + tax and license, bank fee and lease $1000 cash, which means normal people walk in with great credit would have to spend $5000+ down, not a good deal when others are selling so cheap, the selling price of the car is probably 1k~2k higher than others

1 - 5 of 5 Posts