I can wait on purchasing to save $$$.Unless your are put a crazy amount of miles on your 2014, then I'd say waiting will net you more money in your pocket. Waiting a few months on the west coast, equated to $3000 off.
I put about 15K miles/year on my car, that's about 1250mi/month. I have 46.5K mi on my 2014 Volt that turns 3yo next week.
No matter what, I'll have to wait till at least April before making the purchase because of the $2k NY Rebate, I can wait till mid summer if it means a significant savings.
Who knows.. if the NY dealers continue to be anal-retentive about MSRP only pricing... I may end up getting the Bolt from CA (if their discounts keep increasing) and have it shipped here. I've done it before, it was no big deal.