GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father hit a deer about a month ago now. He took a couple of photos while it's being repaired. I'm not sure why they have the back bumper off, as my father claims all the damage was from the A pillar forward, but who knows.
I'm sure there are pictures like this out there, but I thought I'd share if anyone was interested in seeing what their Gen 1 looks like in the nude. IMG_9409.jpg IMG_9410.jpg IMG_9411.jpg

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
Picture 2 is a nice shot of the charger. The actual one, not the EVSE that some call "the charger".

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
That is a LOT of washer fluid. No wonder I've never run out...

·
Registered
21 Posts
The taillight is out & rear bumper cover off because they are going to blend the windshield pillar, roof side & 1/4 panel due to the fender repair.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow! That is hard for me to look at as it is the same as mine! Or it once was!!

Carlysle

·
Registered
38 Posts
The only thing protecting the charger (picture 2) is the bumper cover? It looks rather exposed.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
The only thing protecting the charger (picture 2) is the bumper cover? It looks rather exposed.
It seems like the sort of equipment to be both hardy and comparatively easy to replace. I've also got this vague impression that the right front corner is also hit far less often than the left front.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Picture 2 is a nice shot of the charger. The actual one, not the EVSE that some call "the charger".

Thanks!
I wonder why they positioned it opposite the power connection, but it does put in to perspective why a faster charger wasn't an option. The Gen 2 charger is actually supposed to be smaller and lighter, but that seems like an incremental improvement.

The taillight is out & rear bumper cover off because they are going to blend the windshield pillar, roof side & 1/4 panel due to the fender repair.
Yup. That's the mark of a good body/paint shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts