GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - After a number of glorious years, my stock EVSE stopped working. The top light turns green and the bottom light flashes red three times, pauses, and then flashes red three times again. Rinse, repeat. I've tried different outlets with the same outcome. I took it to a dealership who looked at it for about ten minutes and said I needed a new one; it's no longer covered under warranty. I called GM who said they didn't have any repair services for the EVSE. My Volt charges fine on other L2s and L1s.

Do I have any options left to repair it? Or do I need to get a new one? I'm having an L2 installed, but I still need my portable L1.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Were I in your situation, I would look for the gen2 version. It is made by Clipper Creek and can be used on either 120 or 240v using an adapter. They are very plentiful on eBay.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What keywords would I search for? Clipper creek gen2 l2? Thank you. Sounds like my L1 is toast, and Turbocord maybe isn't the best choice as an option.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Sounds like an easy repair. Put an OpenEVSE kit in it. Many DIY videos on YouTube and on this site. It will run you around $125 or so , but you'll have a L1/L2 EVSE check out OpenEVSE.com

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like an easy repair. Put an OpenEVSE kit in it. Many DIY videos on YouTube and on this site. It will run you around $125 or so , but you'll have a L1/L2 EVSE check out OpenEVSE.com
Which would be the best video to watch? I found this one. Luckily, I know Spanish, but the process looks a little advanced: he used a 3D printer, for example. That said, watch the end where he had a cool idea for how to add a padlock to the handle! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6jAcwCb6x8

1 - 5 of 5 Posts