GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2014 Volt. The previous leaser did not return the charger. So the dealer gave me what I think is a new charger.

Model # CC-C-L2-13-300-B

From what I've read this can be used as an L2 charger with a simple adapter. I'd like to get some opinions about this. I've read through a bunch of threads. It seems this model # can be used like this. What I'd like to confirm or get an opinion about is if I can use it on my '14.

Thanks!

·
Registered
347 Posts
DanPetitTech

Never attempt to modify the level 1 charger in any way.
Resell it and get a level 2 Clipper Creek hardwire level 2 and have an electrician install the junction box as close to a garage circuit breaker panel if possible.

The Clipper Creek has a three year warranty, and costs only $379.

There are units that have a plug for the 240 volt dryer socket, but a new dedicated hardwired installation has new connections that won't overheat if a licensed electrician installs it (~$200 with breaker and junction box).
(Old dryer socket receptacles are usually tarnished inside, adding to resistance, even if the connections are somewhat firm.)

Hardwired connections***will*** more effectively return surges and spikes back to neutral/ground, while a plug spade terminal receptacle has less contact torque to do so.

·
Registered
679 Posts
If it is a J1772 EVSE you can use it with your car. I have a 13 and I've never seen the 16+ EVSE in person a simple adapter.is all it needs to be L1/L2 ready can you post a picture?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Yes, it will work - all J1772 are compatible. It's like a high powered USB charging cable, so long as the plug fits, it can charge. Even if that USB cable came from another device, it still uses the standard connector and voltages.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts