GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received an email from eMotorWerks about my JuiceBox 40 Pro, they informed me of 1-year sub-meter pilot offering. This unit was suppose to be sub-meter compatible (has built in WiFi) so I could charge anytime at a lower power rate. They stated that CPUC (California Public Utilities Commission) requires a UL approved charger. I guess my JuiceBox 40 Pro is not UL approved. I have not even owned this unit a year, they are offering me a $400 rebate on a Aeroviroment EVSE. They sold me this unit as though it was approved for sub-meter usage. I paid over $600 for this charger.
The Aeroviroment charger unit is $850.
They offered no refund. I guess they just want to support JuiceNet cloud services to track statistics, usage and submeter.

I guess I need to convert my power metering usage to TOD (time of Day) usage to low rate only when I charge at night.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Just received an email from eMotorWerks about my JuiceBox 40 Pro, they informed me of 1-year sub-meter pilot offering. This unit was suppose to be sub-meter compatible (has built in WiFi) so I could charge anytime at a lower power rate. They stated that CPUC (California Public Utilities Commission) requires a UL approved charger. I guess my JuiceBox 40 Pro is not UL approved. I have not even owned this unit a year, they are offering me a $400 rebate on a Aeroviroment EVSE. They sold me this unit as though it was approved for sub-meter usage. I paid over $600 for this charger.
The Aeroviroment charger unit is $850.
They offered no refund. I guess they just want to support JuiceNet cloud services to track statistics, usage and submeter.

I guess I need to convert my power metering usage to TOD (time of Day) usage to low rate only when I charge at night.
My JuiceBox EVSE can handle 16 kW (80 A) yet it cost me much less.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Siubmetering Pilot

Hi Genecpu,

My name is David from eMotorWerks. I can totally understand your frustration, and I appreciate that you purchased your JuiceBox Pro 40A with the hope it would be eligible for use in Phase 2 of the Submetering Pilot. If you would like to discuss potential options for participation given your situation, please contact me through the email address found on eMotorWerks' Submetering Pilot website.

David

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
David, I did reply your company's email regarding this. I was told by you that my unit will not be UL certified only newer units that are currently undergoing certification. You implied I was out of luck and to get a new charger using the discount.

Has the situation changed?

·
Registered
29 Posts
"out of luck" should be the company motto

Ask them where all the money went they got for the first pilot and how many people in that group got their charger.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
"out of luck" should be the company motto

Ask them where all the money went they got for the first pilot and how many people in that group got their charger.
I think anyone who dealt with this company during the Phase 1 pilot would advise against dealing with EMotorWerks in any way at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts