1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
They started early but the rest of the country has caught up. The increase in sales from last year is 29% while the rest of the country is 28% so they are now increasing at the same rate percentage wise.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
They started early but the rest of the country has caught up. The increase in sales from last year is 29% while the rest of the country is 28% so they are now increasing at the same rate percentage wise.
If the rest of the country, and CA are growing at the same rate, then the rest of the country will never catch up. If they start off a factor of 100 apart, they will remain that way with equal growth rates.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
If the rest of the country, and CA are growing at the same rate, then the rest of the country will never catch up. If they start off a factor of 100 apart, they will remain that way with equal growth rates.
If Colorado is growing at the same rate, yet has 1/7th the population of California, equal growth rates in EV sales will result in Colorado being all EV before California. Now we know this trend won't hold as total penetration rates increase but it shows that even with equal sales growth rates a lower population state can catch California in total market penetration.

·
Administrator
21,029 Posts
We see EV's whenever we drive around our Chicago area. Bolts, Volts, i3's, Models S and X, iMiev, Leafs. I'm sure this is influenced by where you live and drive. Heck, there are two in my garage alone. :)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It's been great watching the adoption of EVs and PHEVs in just my small area of the world. I was the first at my workplace to have a plug-in vehicle--2013 Volt (purchased in '14). Since then, 6 of my coworkers have also adopted EVs and many more have inquired.

All this adoption still not making a dent in carbon pollution though, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree it is great to see the plug-in car market grow everywhere. Though when I travel, even to other parts of California, I don't see anywhere near the density of plug-ins that we see around here. I found the report quite interesting as they attempt to quantify the rate of adoption by location and to some extent, demographic. According to them residents of 18 of the top 20 EV buying cities in California are here in the Bay Area. (Figure 2.) Also surprises like: who knew that the Central Valley takes about half the 500e's in the state?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I didn't mean caught up in numbers of EV's, I meant caught up in rates of adoption. Invariably, these numbers will change (+ or -) with various factors coming into play.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts