GM Volt Forum banner

EVs Coming To VW’s Lineup

3356 7
The EV hating imbeciles now have more to hate :)

http://www.hybridcars.com/evs-coming-to-vws-lineup/

The electric motors, gearboxes and lithium-ion batteries of the e-up! and e-Golf have been developed in-house, and they are manufactured in Volkswagen component plants in Germany.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6,863 Posts
Sooner or later the knuckle dragging Neanderthals will see the light. The more main stream manufacture EV's of any ilk the sooner we will shatter the myths, stereotype and outright lies about EV's, the more everyday folks will see them as normal and another option when shopping for a new vehicle.

· Registered
684 Posts
No NEVER in a VW ..... you will be sorry.

Better off in Korean made Spark, Maybe the Spark is not as "Euro" pretty - but it will be more reliable and you won't have to take a bank loan out to repair it later.

Still better = buy a Volt !

:)

· Registered
6,211 Posts
I like the e-Golf. I thought it would be smart to build an electric Sonic than to do the Spark-EV. A little larger, more like the e-Golf. Looks like the e-Up! is much in the same size as the Spark-EV.

VW is a huge company and could make this work for them. But someone please build a little-larger BEV with 120-140 mile range. That will do very well.

· Registered
9,953 Posts
As with the BMW i3, this is too little and too late for too much! The Chevy Spark EV is still a better deal. I also agree than GM should convert the Chevy Sonic into the next small EV. We also need a BEV CUV, a BEV pickuo, and a BEV sedan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.