·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Early Bird Tickets - Save $5 off each Family or Guest Ticket - Now ends on April 30, 2012!
Website updates show Current Exhibitor list under the 'About' Menu title - already 21 Registered Exhibitors booked in!
Room for a Rainbow of Volts! Needed - City and Country Drivers - their cars and their experience!
Users of Plug Share and Charge point Services too! Live in Ontario, Canada?
Watch for and EV Fest 2012 Add on Facebook, and click on it to check out the Facebook page!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well - GM is quite Quiet in responding to my communications - not even a basic commitment yet to have even One Volt at EV Fest 2012! But the Competition has spoken and both Committed - with links up announcing they are coming to EV Fest - and Registration now Paid! Who wants to be part of the GM Volt Ambassador Team - bringing their personal vehicle and experience - to exhibit at EV Fest 2012?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EV Fest 2012 - Cal for Volt Personal Exhibitors

It Seems - last year - the first contact to exhibit a Chevy Volt was from a personal owner, but the day was a conflict - so he could not Exhibit but only visit EV Fest 2011! How about this year's Sunday September 9th, 2012 Date for EV Fest 2012? Any other nearby Toronto Volt Owners interested in Joining EV Fest to share their Pride in there new Baby? Some Very Impressive EV% Driven figures at the stats page! Almost seems that removing the Engine and putting in another 8 Kwh of Batteries would make it a Great Pure EV, since some barely use the engine as it is!!

Check out the latest information on EV Fest at www.evfest.ca and http://blog.evfest.ca - and also take a peek at our Facebook page and toss us a 'Like' if you do! - http://www.facebook.com/EVFest

Watch all three spaces for special contests, puzzles, and games to get gifts, discounted Tickets, or special opportunities at EV Fest 2012 on September 9, 2012! Oh - don't miss the Twitter Feed - I have been away on Vacation - but I am Back! https://twitter.com/#!/EVFestShow

·
Registered
186 Posts
I showed up at the EV Fest last year with my brand new Volt (1 week old), and had to beg and beg to let me charge at the Auto Share chargers! I will be attending again this year. Any chance we can find a spot to charge while we are there?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi Min Fuel - I don't know about the Begging part, but I know I was asked by the Reps from Toyota Canada to move the Prius PHV Prototype so you could charge - and - I did that for you even though I did not even know how to start the baby! But - we got it done!

In any case - take a stop by the Brick Works now and see what charger locations exist - since our Exhibitor from EV Fest 2011 - Schneider-Electric - is the new charger installation and their may be some changes in service or locations.

Also - anyone coming just as a guest - who wants to charge - should send me an email ahead of time to I can put a list together of who desires to plug in, and make plans. Last minute information is always harder to arrange things on a busy day! Better yet - Bring the EV/PHEV and come Early - as an exhibitor and get internal power access at 120V for the whole show!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Evergreen Brick Works - Charging Locations

Hi all - I will take some time and go down and get some pictures of the current charging points and post them here (I will edit the post and add them) so everyone has a chance to know what they have on site ahead of coming! Beyond that - see the list of exhibitors for EV Fest 2012 - now linked on the home page! We have 25 Registered Commitments and a couple others in works at this time!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I showed up at the EV Fest last year with my brand new Volt (1 week old), and had to beg and beg to let me charge at the Auto Share chargers!... Personal Best on a single charge 90.9 km (56.5 miles)
I hope you had a bit easier time to manage a charge at EV Fest 2012, but so far there is only one large space with lots of chargers - and that is the Wentworth Arena - Dundas & Highway 6 Area!

Simila Challenge - only more so - is the Event we have put together with Formula North - in Barrie, Ontario - this weekend - Electric Avenue 2013 - http://electricavenue.evfest.ca/ - on May 26th at Barrie Molson Arena - the Electric Cars will be inside - and we could not even get a reasonable priced drop for the show for one of our EV's - an iMiEV coming in from Hamilton! Lucky though - there is now a level 2 charger just about 7 kms away from the arena!

Robert Weekley

1 - 9 of 9 Posts