GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EV-sign-2.jpg

Hello EV-Friends

Some of you probably heard about my Canadian fellow who is forbidden to plug his Volt in his assigned condo parking (120V outlet).

He even offered to pay extra but to no avail ...

Here is more detail about his case:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2012/01/27/ottawa-condo-electric-car-battle.html

This is just NOSENSE.

Thats why I'm setting up a wiki MAP ... we have tons of maps of EV-FRIENDLY sites (240V chargers) ... so why not have the opposite : EV-UNFRIENDLY sites.

For now, there is only one HOSTILE site ... so please if you know other sites, please add them!

We spend lot of extra money to help our planet ... but HAVE to report these ignorants bringing more obstacles !!

And future EV buyers, if you live in multi-tenant, don't forget to check BEFORE buying !!

Pleases forward this info in other EV boards ...

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=312350

Sly

·
Administrator
20,019 Posts
The guy offered to pay for the (minimal cost of the electricity. Amazingly, many of the commentators asked "Why should he get his electricity free?" What about "I'll pay the $1/day it costs to fill up" do they not understand? There are idiots on both sides of the border.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Do they allow others to put a battery charger on regular car batteries ?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do they allow others to put a battery charger on regular car batteries ?
Yes they do ... they even let others "plug" their engine heater for cold winter nights !!

That's what I call HOSTILE to electric cars !!!

·
Super Moderator
6,244 Posts
Yes they do ... they even let others "plug" their engine heater for cold winter nights !!
That's what I call HOSTILE to electric cars !!!
Now that is crazy. In MT I plugged my car in as a teenager every night in the winter. Now I have plug on my Ford Exped (rarely driven except camping and long road trips with > 2 folks) ... I wonder what my TED 5000 / Kill-A-Watt devices thinks of the the juice used by plugging it in. Good experiment.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Block heaters (at least on my diesel pickups) have been 500 to 800 watts. They do have a thermostat so juice is shut off once temps are met but it still is a good draw throughout a night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts