GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just wanted to check if 125kms EV range is normal on 2018 Chevy volt, initially I got about 75-90 kms on full charge, in the past week it jumped up to 125 kms. I am happy as long this stays that way.

·
8,680 Posts
Hi, Just wanted to check if 125kms EV range is normal on 2018 Chevy volt, initially I got about 75-90 kms on full charge, in the past week it jumped up to 125 kms. I am happy as long this stays that way.
It could be normal, in decent weather and driven gently.

The thing to keep in mind is that the range the Volt shows you is an estimate, based on how it has been driven recently and the current state of charge.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
yes, what he said, the one thing that I will add is that your estimated range will NOT stay that way. if varies with how and where and when you drive, along with temperature, rain, and daylight. for sure in moderate summer weather, with warm tires, and long days, you will get higher ranges than on a rainy cold February night. Just enjoy the drive, don't worry about the numbers.
it takes less energy to drive the same distance at 50 than at 70
it takes less energy do drive in dry weather than in wet weather
similarly it take less energy to drive on dry roads than on wet roads
it takes less energy to drive in warmer, more humid air, which is less dense, than in cold dry air, which is more dense
it takes less energy to drive with warm tires than cold tires.

all these things add up.
it

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Your fuel tank holds units of fuel, not units of driving distance. If your driving habits and the driving conditions vary from one day to the next, the computer’s estimate of how far you might be able to drive on a full charge will vary, too. If you are not the only one driving the car, the range estimate is then trying to estimate based on driving habits of multiple drivers...

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
If you have a new Volt, the LRR tires also begin to get more efficient after some wear. I definitely get better EV range now than 9 months ago--when it was brand new and it the weather was similar.

·
Administrator
20,023 Posts
How much food will $25 buy in a restaurant? Depends on the restaurant.

How many miles driving range will you get with a full battery? Depends on the conditions and how you drive it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts