·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Good graph in there.

The National plug in day coordinators should perhaps print this article out and give it to all attendees, especially interested visitors, at their national plug in day events.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
This will be a snowballing effect. I fully expect those sales numbers to double by next year. I think the single biggest factor preventing people from buying EVs right now is the intimidation factor. Most people won't acknowledge that that is why they are reluctant to consider an EV, but it truly is the case. The more they see their friends and neighbors driving EVs, the less intimidated and more open they will be to considering one for themselves.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I don't think the EV industry is in Teenage years yet. That would imply there is mass acceptance and we are not quite there yet. A couple of years a go I would have put the EV industry in the infant stage. Now I think it's in pre-school.

·
Administrator
20,102 Posts
I don't think the EV industry is in Teenage years yet. That would imply there is mass acceptance and we are not quite there yet. A couple of years a go I would have put the EV industry in the infant stage. Now I think it's in pre-school.
I'd agree. Adoption is growing, but this is new and scary tech for many people. In 2021 when there are 10 year old EV's on the road, we will see more interest particularly if the RV's escape all the doom and gloom that naysayers have predicted/asserted as fact (think safety, battery longevity, cost, etc.). Also during the next 8 years we will see improvements in EV's and more models. This too will help people accept the new tech.

Eventually those ridiculing the horseless carriage will fade into the background, becoming ever more irrelevant.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
I drove around a lot today in the shopping areas of my suburban area. I saw no other plug ins anywhere. But I did see almost 50% vehicles of CUV and SUV variety. In one row at the BJ's wholesale shopping center, I counted seven in one row alone parked ajacent to each other. I wonder if a good $350-400/mo, leasable CUV with EREV design (outlander, equinox, CR-V) design would be a big seller.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts