GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, has any volt owner had maintenance work done for the check engine light / error code P219A??? The issue is Bank 1 Air-Fuel Ration Imbalance. What should I expect to pay or can I fix it myself?

·
Administrator
20,583 Posts
Air / Fuel ImbalanceBank 1. Determines if a cylinder-to- cylinder air-fuel imbalance is present by monitoring the pre and post catalyst O2 sensor voltage characteristics. The pre voltage is used to generate a ratio metric. A normal system will generally result in a negative ratio while a failing system will generally result in a positive ratio. The post voltage is used to generate an X out of Y metric, where Y represents the number of samples and X represents the number of those samples that failed.

The front O2 sensor voltage is sampled once per cylinder event. Therefore, the time required to complete a single test (when all enable conditions are met) decreases as engine speed increases. For example, 9.0 seconds of data is required at 1000 rpm while double this time is required at 500 rpm and half this time is required at 2000 rpm.
Post O2 Feature Enabled: AND Filtered Post catalyst O2 voltage is NOT between
NO
Intrusive cam AFM (DoD) AFM (DoD) and intrusive cam Post O2 testing
0 <= rpm <= 0
0 <= rpm <= 4800
for more than out of
62.5 seconds
Engine speed range is less than: during a short

·
Registered
16 Posts
LBVolt, did you ever get a resolution on your P219A code? I’m having that code on my ELR. Details posted in the ELR part of the forums.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts