GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a power module software update probably a year ago and haven't driven much with engine running due to temperature (ERDDT). I've noticed this year that the engine temperature thresholds have changed because they used to be around 55C to 62C and now it's more like 50C and 65C for the engine off/on cycles so that seems to part of the change.

I typically put the car in hold mode until it warms up and then use the high heat, low fan setting to disable the engine on my commute since it's short. More recently however, I've just let the car do its thing and I randomly seem to get a hesitation or delay when starting from a stop. It's quite unexpected since the torque is usually immediate but sometimes I might be at 1/4 or 1/2 pedal before the car moves. I don't recall creep mode kicking in but I'm usually quick on the "gas" from the brake and this delay, when it happens, doesn't feel safe. I expect the car to respond the same all the time.

I paid a visit to the dealer and they didn't have any bulletins on this. I'll bring it to them on a cold day to see if we can reproduce it on a test drive but it might only happen once or twice on the occasional trip. I'm hoping a few more people on here could comment or maybe have experienced this.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I've noticed this too. It has to do with the clutches in the transmission needing to adjust when the engine is on. Most of the time I still get a near instant response, but sometimes there's a half second delay or so, which is jarring. I occasionally get it in EV mode too, but it's definitely most common when in ERDTT.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts