GM Volt Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
well i disconnected the hood latch sensor and it did nothing, The car sees that has the hood is closed properly. it has three wires so it does not look like a simple NORMALLY CLOSED switch. for me to simply add a jumper. I need to study how it works before i jumper anything. so my test is on hold. if you have any ideas let me know.
for now i will use mountain mode and switch every 10 miles.... ugh!

·
Registered
487 Posts
well i disconnected the hood latch sensor and it did nothing, The car sees that has the hood is closed properly. it has three wires so it does not look like a simple NORMALLY CLOSED switch. for me to simply add a jumper. I need to study how it works before i jumper anything. so my test is on hold. if you have any ideas let me know.
for now i will use mountain mode and switch every 10 miles.... ugh!
Would it charge the traction battery from empty to full with the hood open while at idle? I would be curious to see how efficient the 1.5L engine could be as an actual generator.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Would it charge the traction battery from empty to full with the hood open while at idle? I would be curious to see how efficient the 1.5L engine could be as an actual generator.
Why don’t you try it yourself? Pop your hood and let the engine run for 30 minutes. See for yourself if any recharging at all happens after the first 5-15 minutes (when the battery power used to start the engine does get recharged)...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts