GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, while parked in front of my house in 25º weather, our 2017 Volt having spent the night in a heated garage, and being fully charged, I got a request to approve running the engine for maintenance. I approved, and the engine started up. The problem is, it continues to run, even after several start/stop cycles today.

How to shut the darn thing off?

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
This morning, while parked in front of my house in 25º weather, our 2017 Volt having spent the night in a heated garage, and being fully charged, I got a request to approve running the engine for maintenance. I approved, and the engine started up. The problem is, it continues to run, even after several start/stop cycles today.

How to shut the darn thing off?
Engine Maintenance or Fuel Maintenance?

Engine Maintenance (EMM) will begin. The engine will not start until after a short delay once shifted into
D (Drive)
. The engine will run for a set amount of time without turning off. During EMM, a DIC message displays to show the
EMM percentage complete. If the vehicle is shut off during EMM, it will restart the next time the vehicle is driven.

Fuel Maintenance (FMM) will run the engine to use up the old fuel. The engine WILL RUN UNTIL enough FRESH FUEL IS ADDED to bring the average fuel age into an acceptable range. Allowing more old fuel to be used up by FMM and adding a larger amount of fresh fuel will maximize the length of time before another fuel maintenance mode is needed. During FMM the engine may turn on and off.

Pages 183/184 of your manual: http://www.gm.ca/media/owners/manuals/2017_Chevrolet_volt_Manual_en_CA.pdf

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'm pretty sure that the notification I saw was for "Engine Maintenance," but my wife took off with the Volt after the engine had started, and she didn't notice any "maintenance progressa" countdown. I'll bet it's FMM, and I'll put in some fresh gas tomorrow. Is there a way to display a message showing what's happening?

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Thanks! I'm pretty sure that the notification I saw was for "Engine Maintenance," but my wife took off with the Volt after the engine had started, and she didn't notice any "maintenance progressa" countdown. I'll bet it's FMM, and I'll put in some fresh gas tomorrow. Is there a way to display a message showing what's happening?
page 185...Once you click the OK to fuel maintenance mode...there are no more prompts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts