GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After switching from battery to engine the car loses power and message appears "Engine not available". The Chevy dealer told me the battery in the key fob was dead, so they replaced it. It ran fine on the battery charge but, the next day it did the same thing. They offered no help and told me they had fixed the problem. I took it to another GM dealer, they told me that 2 modules needed to be updated. That did not fix the problem as I had the same results. Only this time, I stop and turn the car off and wait a minute and start the car, the engine starts and runs ok. I drove it 10 miles with no problem. So the 2nd dealer had it towed to their shop and it has been there for over a week. Any ideas??

·
Administrator
21,210 Posts
It's a unknown model year with an unknown number of miles?

·
Super Moderator
6,428 Posts
Replacing the keyfob battery was supposed to fix this?
I think someone's pulling our collective leg.
And then they said this?!?

"but, the next day it did the same thing. They offered no help and told me they had fixed the problem."

I'm wondering if that dealer had anyone qualified at all to work on Chevrolet electric cars. That dealer DEFINITELY needs to be reported to GM. That is absurd customer service.

Clearly if it happens multiple time after running ... but the display a problem message when switching to the ICE there is a problem. This thing is over 100K miles so it wasn't even warranty work. They simply didn't want to take the time/service techs to work on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.