GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have to return my car for inspection Thu. I am getting it professionally cleaned in and out. I will be present when the inspector inspects. Can anybody please advice, if I would get the scratch on my bumper fixed ahead of return? This in the biggest damage I have. (picture attached)
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle door Auto part

Also I have some tree sap or bird droppings (pic attached) that are not going away with my soap and sponge scrub. Are there are any products to remove them or will the professional cleaning take care of it?

Vehicle door Glass Automotive exterior Car Vehicle
View attachment 154967

Also I am getting LT base model for 10K miles 36 mons for $8500 in bay area inclusive of all expenses.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I have to return my car for inspection Thu. I am getting it professionally cleaned in and out. I will be present when the inspector inspects. Can anybody please advice, if I would get the scratch on my bumper fixed ahead of return? This in the biggest damage I have. (picture attached)
View attachment 154963

Also I have some tree sap or bird droppings (pic attached) that are not going away with my soap and sponge scrub. Are there are any products to remove them or will the professional cleaning take care of it?

View attachment 154965 View attachment 154967

Also I am getting LT base model for 10K miles 36 mons for $8500 in bay area inclusive of all expenses.
If you are exchanging a lease for a lease, GMF allows $500 for damage beyond what's allowable and $500 for over mileage. I would guess the dealer will take your car as is. I don't professionally clean mine either before turn in.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
If you are getting it professionally cleaned they will get the sap. Bird droppings can eat (affect) the paint. Goo Gone can get rid of sap but you have to work at it (soak it) if the sap is old.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
GM Financial Loyalty Program For a limited time, GM Financial will cover the following for returning GM Financial lease customers: up to $ 500 for excess wear and use up to $ 500 for excess mileage up to $ 595 for contract disposition fee Program Rules 1. Customer must take retail delivery of a new GM vehicle financed or leased through GM Financial within 10 days of the vehicle grounded date. 2. Terminating lease must be through GM Financial. 3. Program period will be effective July 3 – Sept. 4, 2018. Eligibility is determined by vehicle grounded date. 4. Dealer must complete and submit the GM Financial End of Term Loyalty Form within 48 hours of vehicle grounded date. 5. Vehicle must be grounded by a GM dealer using GMFDealerSource.com within 48 hours of the vehicle return date. 6. Customers terminating early will be allowed the full contract mileage on the existing lease and the standard Early Termination liability will apply. Leases terminated prior to the final billing cycle are considered Early Terminations. 7. This program does not eliminate customer liability for excess wear or mileage. Any billable amounts that exceed $500 in excess wear or $500 in excess mileage will be the responsibility of the customer. These amounts cannot be applied against any other unpaid lease charges. 8. This program is available to the current lessee only and is not transferrable. Customers contracted on the LAW GMF Rev 8/15 form, disposition fee is contractually covered if purchasing or leasing a new GM vehicle.

·
Administrator
21,220 Posts
Somehow, my 2011 Volt acquired a 10" long scratch in the drivers door almost exactly on the lower horizontal crease (shopping cart?). Grrr.

Will this affect my lease return? Nope. I own the car. Now I get to fix that scratch, haha. Made it 7 years without a scratch, so not bad all considered.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Maybe it is worth the effort to remove some of those scratches, especially the one that looks like a human holding a camera.:)

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Somehow, my 2011 Volt acquired a 10" long scratch in the drivers door almost exactly on the lower horizontal crease (shopping cart?). Grrr.

Will this affect my lease return? Nope. I own the car. Now I get to fix that scratch, haha. Made it 7 years without a scratch, so not bad all considered.
Sorry to hear that, Steve. Do you think it can be polished out? I have a 2-inch scratch on the piano black strip of my driver's side rear door. I see it every time I reach for the driver's door handle. Is that shiny black trim some kind of special paint? I wonder how I could fix it.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts

Will this affect my lease return? Nope. I own the car.
It won't affect your lease, but it will affect your resale value unless you fix it. It's no different either way, you still have to pay for the damage, or eat the lower resale.

Most dealers will pass a lot things if you are buying/leasing another car. If you are just turning it in and walking away they will stick to the book about what's chargeable and what's not. You do not have to have the car professionally detailed. Normal wear and tear is considered just that -- normal.

·
Registered
319 Posts
When I turned in my Gen 1 I and my sales rep went over the car from front to back, noting also the presence of equipment that belongs on the car but is removable. I wanted a friendly witness. It helped that my car was a cream puff and went to a lucky buyer somewhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts