GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a check engine light and this message emailed to me the other day:

"An issue with the emissions system in your 2017 Chevrolet Volt has been detected. Please service your vehicle within 7 days."

I took car to dealer they told me it was an A/C line rubbing against an evaporation line which is a 17hr job to replace damaged parts. They gave me a loaner car and three days later completed the job. When I picked up my car they had fully charged it, changed oil (even though only at 40%), rotated tires, and fixed a broken drivers seat handle (mine had broke off about 1mo after having it!).

Overall a great dealer experience. I'm only sharing this in case others get the same message. Dealer told me they have seen a few of these after about 1yr. My car is 14mo old. My dealer is located in Los Angeles/Northridge.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Dang, a 17 hour repair? I think they build the car in less time than that. But glad to hear they got you fixed up.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
AND the code number was ?

I get a P04e3 every year as I run 97 % electric

there was a service recall for a ( hose and a larger emission canister ) I did 2 years ago

50 to 100 miles on gas (so far) clears the code after a week of gas only driving

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AND the code number was ?

I get a P04e3 every year as I run 97 % electric

there was a service recall for a ( hose and a larger emission canister ) I did 2 years ago

50 to 100 miles on gas (so far) clears the code after a week of gas only driving
Nothing listed in the email... I'll have to check paperwork. But yeah, 17hrs. Service manager told me the hose is buried. My loaner was a Chevy Cruze... man I couldn't wait to get my Volt back, did not like the Cruze!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Dang, a 17 hour repair? I think they build the car in less time than that. But glad to hear they got you fixed up.
Yeah if the line is damaged it's at least a 2-3 day repair as they have to drop the battery to get to the line. If the line is not yet damaged (e.g. no check engine light), they just put a rubber sleeve over it and it's a much quicker repair. There was a recall/campaign notice sent out about this a while back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts