GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
image.jpg So I was sitting on my front porch in Madison, WI and I just saw what appeared to be an ELR in full camo drive by. I just about wet myself. Afterwards I wondered, why in Madison and why in full camo? I would imagine for the first question that it was doing long-distance testing. I have no idea why it was in camo, since they've already shown near production ELRs to the world. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,410 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Paul, thanks for your reply, but I understand why manufacturers use camo. I just don't understand why they would use it after the car has already been fully revealed to the public. Is it normal practice to camo cars even after revealing the production model?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Hi Paul, thanks for your reply, but I understand why manufacturers use camo. I just don't understand why they would use it after the car has already been fully revealed to the public. Is it normal practice to camo cars even after revealing the production model?
Almost the definition of unknowable. You're sure that it was the same car that has been publicly revealed, but you can't be sure, can you? Thanks to the camouflage, right?

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Almost the definition of unknowable. You're sure that it was the same car that has been publicly revealed, but you can't be sure, can you? Thanks the the camouflage, right?
Yep.....:)
Maybe it's the 2015 Volt...:)

·
Registered
804 Posts
Did it look EXACTLY like that stock photo of the ELR?

If it was an ELR, I'm guessing they were just too lazy to peel off the camo. ;)

And if it wasn't an ELR, then we'd have a real mystery on our hands. :)

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Could have been the 2014 CTS coupe.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The tag on the bumper seems to read 6ERN4845. Does that mean something to anyone? A possible VIN? If "C" was used for 2012 MY Volts does the "E" indicate at 2014 MY vehicle?

There appear to be some Volt-like lines in the grill. Or am I imagining things?

KNS

·
Registered
589 Posts
I don't know how these things are managed, but one could imagine that, 1) there is still some final testing going on -- perhaps final software tweaks, etc, and 2) there is a pool of test cars available for these tests, some of which are camo'ed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Its still in town. Just saw it on Regent Street. I tried to take a good look at the rear to see if it was an ELR or a Volt. It looked a bit different than both but closer to a Volt to me because it didn't look like it had a back center crease.

Got a peace sign from the driver. Didn't have me phone for photos in my Volt.

·
Registered
144 Posts
As a fellow Madisonian, all I can say is "wow!" Nice shot; I doubt I could have gotten my camera out fast enough for such a nice picture.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
As a fellow Madisonian, all I can say is "wow!" Nice shot; I doubt I could have gotten my camera out fast enough for such a nice picture.
That is a stock photo, he even says so in the original post.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts