GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14,019 Posts
Plastidip. You can change the color to whatever you want. Then if you're bored, you can dip right over it or peel it right off so you can do it again or return to the original color.

I once dipped my grill in silver torquoise chameleon which color shifted between purple and turquoise. I later dipped it in black, so my white diamond tricoat looked like an imperial stormtrooper. I'm going to try white with dip pearl next to see ihow close I can color match the original white diamond tricoat, for the grill, lower rockers and maybe even the under window black area. Then the side chrome will be plum crazy.

https://youtu.be/P7tR3H1gd6A

·
Registered
14,019 Posts
I am in the same boat.
I saw the other post stating the part is $1,200. (he quoted with a sensor you already have that works)
The part you need is only $480 new.

search for part 22887937

I would try it myself if I was you with Plastic Dip. I am going to fine send mine down from the chips and see if I can make a good base for the dip. I'm sure the folks down the street from can do it if you take it off and leave it with them....
Be sure to watch the dipyourcar.com videos on YouTube with lots of pointers on how to get dip spray from cans to work well. I have the full setup of predilection spray, the dip fix kit, and the dip coat spray that helps preserve it and makes it silky smooth. Hopefully i’ll make some time this year to finish Angeling out my white diamond tricoat the. Surprise the forum with my next trick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts