GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ELR owners
I am looking for some insight on back seat leg room... as in > my 5 and 7 year olds are still in booster seats for another few years.
Comparison to a Volt backseat would be most beneficial to me!
Thanks

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I drove from Los Angeles to San Diego and back with my wife and mother in the rear seats. No complaints except for how difficult it is to get in and out with the front seatbelt in the way. Mom is 5'3" and my wife is 5'5".

When I need to put my dogs in the back seat for a trip to the vet, it's an agonizing pain in the a$$ getting the harness belt secured (since you have to pull out the leather from under the seatback to access the LATCH anchors). Stupid design, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I have a 3 and 7 year old. They fit fine. One has a child seat and the other a booster. Biggest issue is installation of the child seat and access to the seatbelt on the booster. Also, I always install a seat back protector on any seat where a kid sits behind. Those little bastards are careless.

I'm not suggesting any road trips with adults in the back, but I've had a 6'1" individual sit in the back seat on the passenger side. It's doable for short runs.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a 7 and 3 year old and we moved from a Volt to ELR this year. Legroom is the same but getting in/out slightly harder...but worth it!!!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
My 2 yr old fits in her Recaro seat just fine. The only difficulty is trying not to hit her head on the roof on the way in. Hopefully as she gets a bit older she'll climb in all by herself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts