GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Spark EV electric park brake demonstrates an interesting feature to insure continued proper operation.
If after 50 trip cycles owner use of the Park brake has NOT been observed,the system will Auto-Set the PB during power-down on the 51st key cycle.

This behavior is perfectly normal and part of a self-adjusting motor position relearn feature used to insure optimal operation at all times

Definitely different...
WOT

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Interesting, the EV-1 would set the parking brake every time you put it in Park. No need for separate buttons or switches. Sort of a simple approach - no special treatment required, just do it because you should.

VIN # B0985

·
4,888 Posts
Interesting, the EV-1 would set the parking brake every time you put it in Park. No need for separate buttons or switches. Sort of a simple approach - no special treatment required, just do it because you should.

VIN # B0985
The Tesla Model S does this as well.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I am not fond of the idea. I don't set my brake in my own garage because it's flat and Park is sufficient. I DO set the brake parking almost everywhere else. But avoiding setting the brake in my garage reduces wear & tear on the parking brake system by 50%

Frankly I would prefer a traditional hand brake lever that can be used in an emergency.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Northerners usually know that setting the parking brake after driving in slush, may result in it being frozen "on" when trying to leave the next morning. I'll vote for the manual version.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.