GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Electric Motorcycle Sets New Land Speed Record of 173 MPH

Link

I am really starting to think that it will be the technological leaps made in electric motorcycle configurations that will make their way into cars.

At some point, the tech will be good enough for auto racing, but right now, the greatest innovations are showing up in electric motorcycles - Motorczysz being the best example.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Thanks for the post Jason,
Did you see where they were using a GM EV1 motor. ....and best of all a street version of the bike is coming. I'm really looking forward to my Brammo. I have an order in for one you know.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post Jason,
Did you see where they were using a GM EV1 motor. ....and best of all a street version of the bike is coming. I'm really looking forward to my Brammo. I have an order in for one you know.
Yes, I read about your Empulse order. They are fun. Be careful, that one ebike entrepreneur recently died on his ebike in a collision with a Prius.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Recently, I've read that both Motorcsycz and Mission Motorcycles are working with OEM automakers to incorporate electric motorcycle innovations into automobiles.

Recently, I corresponded with Richard Hatfield, CEO of Lightning Electric Motorcycles, whose company, as described in the original post, produces electric motorcycles which have won TTXGP races and set land speed records for electric motorcycles.

Thus far, they have perfectly positioned themselves with proven winning EV technology, so that they too should be approached by OEM's. Currently, they are seeking more funding and actively pursuing OEM's for their innovative tech. I expect their wins and speed records make them an attractive partner to countless OEM's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts