GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was there too and found three of the four spots with Blink chargers filled with non EV cars. I complained to the guy in charge of the EV pavilion who was pissed off enough to march down there and set it right, he wasn't happy and neither was I.

However, I was much better off than the Leaf driver who drove 40 miles to get there and no way to get home.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is it just a crazy thought - but - could a Solar Trailer put out as much power as the average home 120V 'Trickle Charge' power cods system for a LEAF? (120V x 15 Amps). It might need some engineering but solar panels today are reaching 250 - 280 Watts per panel! That means about 6 of them would be about equal to that output!

Maybe EV Charging Spots could add one other feature - a Licence Plate Cam - since they are already usually networked - they could identify if the car is registered as Electric Powered or not, and if not - Snap a Pic - email it to the Cops with a note - "Illegally Parked Car - Please Issue Parking Ticket!" - Or just do like the groups do - posting pics of 'John's and their Cars if they are cruising the Red Light Districts - on a website. Call it 'Aliens Take over Clean Parking Places!'

Beyond that - has anyone seen or heard of an EV Easter Egg Hunt? The Eggs are hidden in places where there are EV Chargers, and they have to find the Easter egg - to access the Charger! Or - it could be a Poker Run, or a donut run, whatever suits!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts