GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Funded for one year, I'd take a Vegas bet it won't get renewed for another year...If the car gets dirty, if someone steals the seat and puts it on craigslist or if a person exceeds the "three hours max" what exactly happens? Most of these folks have very little money, especially if they're saying they can't afford the bus...

·
Administrator
20,890 Posts
For the kind of trips listed, I wonder if a commercial ride sahre would be less expensive given no need to buy Kia's, do maintenance, repair, etc.?

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Interesting. Thanks for posting. Hope it works. The economist in me keeps saying that, as in charging, you can't provide too much of a free good.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
California at it's finest. 8 Kia Soul EVs for 1 year. Over $1,000,000 in tax money for it.

Somebody is getting rich.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Alternatives such as a shuttle service or free Uber/Lyft and bus passes occur to me.

I'd rather see free charging stations installed--even without free electricity, just making the chargers available. That would allow people to buy cheap, used LEAFs to get to work and back. I've worked with lower-income workers; having a reliable car to drive to work, especially outside the times buses run, would be an enormous boon to many of them.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
If they want to expand ZEV adoption, they need to stop this kind of thing. This will set off alarm bells showing how 'unviable' EVs are.

And it puts funding for needed, proven programs at risk when taxpayers see that it takes $125k to operate an EV for 1 year when the Gov't is involved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts